does this sound right or is my friend being had?

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
a bit of a long read so sorrybut need help/advise

A friend bought xmas2009 a gloss white genie3 from a unnamed shop. he got it and the the turntable was all damaged. so he had his christmas holiday and then sent it back and asked for a replacement. 24 days later a new turntable arrived all good it seemed the box was new and and when opened all bubble wrap was fine ect. He had a big job on so it took near 12 weeks to set it up. once set up he played a few records over the next 5 months and various problems keep coming up skipping, jumping. he was not thinking the turntable was a fault and bought a knosti machine, a stylus brush, a cork mat, a £50 lid for the genie and 2m red cart he really thought it was the vinyl. Then he had spent alot on a paul butterfield lp and it skipped he took it round to hes dads old pioneer table and my genie2 and they both had no problems with the lp at all or a u2 one that was also bad. He then started to look into what times of the lps the faults were coming and it was in the final third. so he told henley direct and they said as you have a 2 year warrany it sounds like a few set up problems and maybe a fault with the anti stake but they wanted it back to be sure. He then then gladley sent it off and good news the man sorted it and he would send back. My friend then thought great back for this xmas s o he parted with £70 and got an oasis time flies boxset on vinyl. he got it back and the the outside box had bubble wrap in a messy style making a poor square shape,when opened he heard a nosie and it was a screw floating around he then lifted the turntable out the box to find the arm upside down and the anti-skate part bent. so he emailed henley and they said it was sent back to the dealer and the gent from henley had been spot on through out the process. He then noticed the power suppy rammed into the box. so he emailed the dealer and said this is awful im losing faith with you and i want a new one,refund or come in person watch it get repaired and take it away myself.After 2 weeks they have said he is getting a refund for £134.99 as thats what the genie3 is worth today.

He has to payt£209.99 now if he wants one is that right.

many thanks for your time and veiws on the matter

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
take it then thats fine so when you have a 2year cover on an item it only covers parts/labour and a refund is the second hand value.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts