Does the Naim DAC require say Twonky Media to get my FLAC music from laptop?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have owned the Linn Sneaky DS in the past which required Twonky Media to retrieve my music from the laptop.

Does the Naim DAC require the same kind of program? I have personally found Twonky a bit of a nightmare.

How does the Naim DAC retrieve your music from your laptop?

regards Danny

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
gooner26:
Hi,

I have owned the Linn Sneaky DS in the past which required Twonky Media to retrieve my music from the laptop.

Does the Naim DAC require the same kind of program? I have personally found Twonky a bit of a nightmare.

regards Danny

Hi danny

I've used Twonky with a NaimUniti and Sonos with absolutely no problems so it could well be that the Linn Sneaky and Twonky are not a good marriage.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
mitch65:gooner26:

Hi,

regards Danny

Hi danny

I've used Twonky with a NaimUniti and Sonos with absolutely no problems so it could well be that the Linn Sneaky and Twonky are not a good marriage.

I got there in the end with Twonky. I got it to a level where everything ran perfectly, it was just a matter of finding which version of Twonky worked best with my laptop.

regards danny

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Well I can guarantee no-one is putting the kind of DAC you will find in the £300 rDac into a £300 CD player.
I am certainly not aware of any £300 CD players with dCS technology built in

Although I think you'll find the dCS contribution is the Asynchronous USB Technology. The DAC technology's from Wolfson.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts