Question Does the cambridge audio cxa61 justify its price over the audiolab 6000a?

Pongopygmy

May 11, 2020
Visit site
I am looking to build a stereo system when the lockdown ends. My speakers will either be the ELAC debut 2.0 B6.2 or the ELAC Debut Reference DBR62. To power this I was looking at either the audiolab 6000a or the cambridge audio cxa61. Wanted your opinion on whether the cambridge audio justifies its higher price.

Welcome to the forum,
When the lockdown ends you will be able to go and audition thus answering your own question.....
Unfortunately asking this sort of question is only going to get two types of reply leaving you none the wiser.
What's your source going to be?
If it's digital then my response would be yes it does, if you're thinking of using vinyl then answer is no it doesn't.

Reactions: ProgDr

abacus

Yes and No, it all depends on how the amp reacts with the speakers you choose, (Some combinations work better together than others) the only way you can be sure is to have a listen to the various combinations and choose which you prefer, which will purely be down to personal preference.

Bill

Pongopygmy

May 11, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the answers. And sorry for the noob question. I am very new to hi fi audio.
As suggested I will go try the combinations. To answer your question about the source, it will be digital.

Thanks for the answers. And sorry for the noob question. I am very new to hi fi audio.
As suggested I will go try the combinations. To answer your question about the source, it will be digital.
It was a very valid question but perhaps could have been worded better. Apologies for my joking.
The reason I asked is the Cambridge doesn't have an inbuilt phono stage that you might need if connecting a turntable.
The Cambridge has the better DAC and facilities, in my opinion, if you're going digital.
It's hard to answer sometimes without knowing more details and I always recommend auditioning yourself.
It is a good idea to have a shortlist made up before you go.
What size is your room?
Nice speakers, just make sure you budget for some decent stands to put them on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts