Does it work if I boost a Sky HD signal via Co-Ax to another TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am about to get SKY HD installed and want to know if it is possible to installed a TV booster and pipe the signal to another TV via coax cable. I am not expecting the picture to be HD on the second TV but will I get a standard definition picture (i.e. is it possible to boost the HD signal via standard co-ax)?

If this does not work I will need to change the order to standard SKY+.

Your help is very much appreciated.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes it is possible to run a feed from your Sky+HD box to another TV via co-ax so fear not, the PQ is OK doing it this way but it is possible to run a HD feed via a CAT5 system if your other TV is also HD Ready.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice. When you say the PQ is OK, will it be any worse that running standard SKY+ via coax as I am happy with this picture.

If I chose to run CAT5 cable does it cable plug directly into the second TV?

daveh75

stephenthorne:

Thanks for your advice. When you say the PQ is OK, will it be any worse that running standard SKY+ via coax as I am happy with this picture.It will be exactly the same quality as a Sky+ box over RF!stephenthorne:If I chose to run CAT5 cable does it cable plug directly into the second TV? No you'll need a HDMI over cat5 transmitter/receiver kit, like this for example....

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:so if you go cat5 transmitter/receiver kit will you get a proper hd signal - how does it compare to normal setup

Yes, the CAT5 system can accept all HD formats upto and including 1080p on runs upto 30m(aprox 98 feet) I have my Sky+HD set up this way and the PQ is exactly the same on the second set. I did have to also add a HDMI splitter as the Sky box only has 1 HDMI output, but some AV amps have more than 1 HDMI output.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts