Does expensive RCA cables will improve sound quality

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Say-NO-to-SPAM-325x321.png

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
MykhailM said:
Good audio cables are surely essential part to any serous audiophile as they deliver a very sensitive signal between your audio gear as it has been said in this page. I have listened to quite a few well known brands such as Russ Andrews cables QED Signature etc. and more often than not the price reflects its qualities. For those who still on a fence so to say and question the sonic differences in various audio interconnects or speaker cables you can easily sort this concern out by going to your local Hi-Fi dealer shop that has a dedicated listening room and ask to audition cables at different price point. I'm pretty sure that should be a good time spent. I narrowed down my preference to Malbru SILVER and Digital Malbru CX cables all under £600 and couldn`t be more happy with. With time you can change audio components etc. but cables will stay as they as essential as components themselves. To me you really need to audition several brands before you spend cash for a good quality interconnect that YOU personally like. If they improve our musical experience for years to come than that what really matters.

Now look what you did. You've triggered the Snake Oil Spam Filter*.
omg_smile.gif

*We call it Steve for short.

BSauce

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes, 97 octane petrol will improve the overall performance of your geo metro. Yes, 87octane petrol will make your ferrari enzo run like ****. The difference in sound quality between $10 cables and $100 cables can be best appreciated when your componentry itself is top shelf.

K

keeper of the quays

TrevC said:
BSauce said:
Yes, 97 octane petrol will improve the overall performance of your geo metro. Yes, 87octane petrol will make your ferrari enzo run like ****. The difference in sound quality between $10 cables and $100 cables can be best appreciated when your componentry itself is top shelf.

Really?

http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm
yes i think with good kit the difference is easily detected! But!!! With my temp t amp set up this isn't so clear cut? Almost any old cable will do? But in my main kit..i have two sets of van den hul interconnects and i am clearly hear which is which..but that may be expectation bias? Modern day witchcraft! However i think i can still tell which is witch? Lol..

TrevC

keeper of the quays said:
TrevC said:
BSauce said:

Really?

http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm
yes i think with good kit the difference is easily detected! But!!! With my temp t amp set up this isn't so clear cut? Almost any old cable will do? But in my main kit..i have two sets of van den hul interconnects and i am clearly hear which is which..but that may be expectation bias? Modern day witchcraft! However i think i can still tell which is witch? Lol..

Van den hul is resistive ****. Made with carbon, like HT leads from a car.

K

keeper of the quays

My droll wit is wasted! From now on...no more drollness! Ht leads? Mmm? It ignites a spark in my mind? I wonder if with a little fairy dust i can turn those carbon restistive merde...into interconnects?

My droll wit is wasted! From now on...no more drollness! Ht leads? Mmm? It ignites a spark in my mind? I wonder if with a little fairy dust i can turn those carbon restistive merde...into interconnects?

And lo, it came to be.

And the people did buy them in their droves, except for TrevC, who is still to be convinced by anything. :)

TrevC

Al ears said:

And lo, it came to be.

And the people did buy them in their droves, except for TrevC, who is still to be convinced by anything. :)

Nonsense doesn't convince me, no.

If I want interconnects with resistors in I'll make them myself. :O)

K

keeper of the quays

TrevC said:
Al ears said:

And lo, it came to be.

Nonsense doesn't convince me, no.?

well? These van den huls sound good? Proof of pudding in the hearing! Not sure why you against van den hul..of my many interconnects they stand up well...im currently trying out some interconnects made from guitar leads? Lol...van damme ones...

TrevC

TrevC said:
Al ears said:

And lo, it came to be.

Nonsense doesn't convince me, no.

well? These van den huls sound good? Proof of pudding in the hearing! Not sure why you against van den hul..of my many interconnects they stand up well...im currently trying out some interconnects made from guitar leads? Lol...van damme ones...

The old red and whites will sound the same as any other interconnect made with normal wire, some of the VDH ones are resistive, so they might sound quieter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts