Does anyone remember the Denon DM-30 micro?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I hope so, because i've still got one and I need help! I am looking at connecting an Onkyo ND-S1 iPod dock to the Denon (I will buy a decent stand alone DAC when I've got some money....). The Denon has an 'optical out' and above it there is a 'hole' marked 'Digital'....now I'm no Einstein, but as these two are located together in a little white box....I expect that they are BOTH outputs....Does anyone know if there is a digital input on the DM-30.....or if there is any sensible way of connecting the Onkyo to the Denon that I have overlooked. Or am I wasting my time and, potentially, my cash??? The Onkyo has outputs only btw. Much appreciated. I'm a newbie so be gentle, please.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again. I have had my eye on a Cambridge Dacmagic. Do you rate them? Not sure if I can get Beresford here in NZ....I'm guessing connecting the DAC to the Denon will not be straightforward either. Might be time to say goodbye to CDs.....

iMark

jipper:Thanks again. I have had my eye on a Cambridge Dacmagic. Do you rate them? Not sure if I can get Beresford here in NZ....I'm guessing connecting the DAC to the Denon will not be straightforward either. Might be time to say goodbye to CDs.....

Connecting the DACMagic is very straightforward.

Anything with digital out (either Toslink or coax) -> DACMagic -> RCA out from DACMagic to RCA In (usually AUX)

The DACMagic also has a USB input for a computer but if possible I would use either Toslink or coax.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts