Does anyone else think 4K ultra HD and HDR Blu-Ray is a big con?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Did you try amazing spiderman 2? That looked amazing in hdr. Although the brightness portion might not be as noticeable on your tv. Looked very nice and realistic on mine but you need an led or 2016 oled to notice much difference in that aspect

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
Did you try amazing spiderman 2? That looked amazing in hdr. Although the brightness portion might not be as noticeable on your tv. Looked very nice and realistic on mine but you need an led or 2016 oled to notice much difference in that aspect
Yep, that was the first one I bought and nope nothing.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
I give up on the matter then.
Me too.
regular_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I just read that your avatar film Deadpool is good on 4K though, gets an unmissable award on AV.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I watched deadpool UHD last saturday, i didn't think the film was that great i would probably give a 6/10, i thought the hatefull eight was a much better film imo.

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
I watched deadpool UHD last saturday, i didn't think the film was that great i would probably give a 6/10, i thought the hatefull eight was a much better film imo.
I think I will give it a miss then. Cheers.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
simonlewis said:

Thats just my oppinion gel, you might like it. alot of other people seem to rate the film quite highly.

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:

Thats just my oppinion gel, you might like it. alot of other people seem to rate the film quite highly.
I saw a trailer and wasn't sure what to think, is it like Kick-Ass but a more adult version?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
nope. think of it as a superhero movie (i'm sure you've seen a marvel film) but adult in nature, with lots of swearing and violence. and he wants revenge on the main villian.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
nope. think of it as a superhero movie (i'm sure you've seen a marvel film) but adult in nature, with lots of swearing and violence. and he wants revenge on the main villian.
Ah, okay. Not sure what to think.
regular_smile.gif
Cheers.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Deadpool is basically the trailer as one long film. I watched the trailer and couldn't wait to see the movie and I wasn't disappointed. Loved the movie, if your not sure on the trailers you probably wont be sure on the film.

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
Deadpool is basically the trailer as one long film. I watched the trailer and couldn't wait to see the movie and I wasn't disappointed. Loved the movie, if your not sure on the trailers you probably wont be sure on the film.
thumbs_up.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
I have to say HDR on my LG 65E6v is brilliant!

So you finally admit 4k and hdr isnt a big con?
Yep. It wasn't great on the other TVs I had though, this is a world of difference.

D

Deleted member 2457

I still think Blu-Ray is better than HDR 4K ultra HD having demoed quite a few discs now.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
I still think Blu-Ray is better than HDR 4K ultra HD having demoed quite a few discs now.   

Have you had a chance to see the UHDVD versions of the "new" Star Trek movies yet?

They're supposed to have been remastered, passed through the deflector grid, had their dilithium crystals generated AND have a couple of photon torpedoes strapped on for good measure...

D

Deleted member 2457

Benedict_Arnold said:
gel said:

Have you had a chance to see the UHDVD versions of the "new" Star Trek movies yet?

They're supposed to have been remastered, passed through the deflector grid, had their dilithium crystals generated AND have a couple of photon torpedoes strapped on for good measure...
No, not yet. I guess that's from America, right?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:

some people in the older days were more happy with black and white compared to colour, as a comparison..

the worst 4k disc i own looks better than the best 1080p disc i own, maybe you need an eye test?..

D

Deleted member 2457

Here they are:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=star+trek+4k+ultra+hd&sprefix=Star+Trek+4%2Caps%2C345

Quite expensive and Star Trek isn't really my cup of tea.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:

some people in the older days were more happy with black and white compared to colour, as a comparison..

the worst 4k disc i own looks better than the best 1080p disc i own, maybe you need an eye test?..
I got glasses now, I think HDR is just too dark on some discs and on Blu-Ray it just looks glorious.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
the worst 4k disc i own looks better than the best 1080p disc i own, maybe you need an eye test?.. I would definitely agree with Nugget here Gel. Pay a visit to your local optician mate I think you need to change your prescription lenses, seriously.

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
the worst 4k disc i own looks better than the best 1080p disc i own, maybe you need an eye test?.. I would definitely agree with Nugget here Gel. Pay a visit to your local optician mate I think you need to change your prescription lenses, seriously.
What sort of picture are you getting then? Ta

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts