Does anybody get a sound in between tracks when Spotify is connected to a DAC via uSB

A

Anonymous

hey there smuggs,

I think it's a Spotify issue....................Its just an audible static noise ( just like changing a record in between each track when connected via usb to my DAC).

I have yet to find anyone else with the problem. Although I did read that someone had problems with static using the mobile version of Spotify.

I am a premium Spotify user and use the higher bit rate. It's a thorn in my side because this is the only niggle with my systerm with which I am totally happy with. The sound quality when connected via usb is dam fine considering the source(Spotify).

It may be that you do not have this issue at all. I guess it might not be Spotify at all, it might be my computer......

Any way I guess I might one day get to the bottom of the problem. My personal guess is it's something to do with the fact that Spotify does not have a continuous play feature. Currently there are gaps between every track even where there is not supposed to be one. i.e Buena Vista Social club live from the Albert Hall.

D

A

Anonymous

USB is metal, and might transfer electrical noise from your PC to your hi-fi system.

Thus an optical connection (or wireless) is the best option when using a PC as a sound source.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i am in 6-7 weeks when i get my dac magic and put spotify through my hifi amp going to go premium, cant wait but how much better is it?

A

Anonymous

Ah. so there is a chance it could be my computer? are there any usb port settings that could need altering on my p.c.

A

Anonymous

unfortunatly there is no optical out on my netbook
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

smuggs:i am in 6-7 weeks when i get my dac magic and put spotify through my hifi amp going to go premium, cant wait but how much better is it?

As far as sound quality goes its not like a humongous improvement, but imop it is better in many subtle ways.....better seperation of instruments,clearer, bass and mid more defined. and a definate improvement in vocals.

And no adverts!

idc

Brittondave, I had another think about this and the background noise may not be just at the gaps in tracks, but there all the time, hidden by the music. Two suggestions, is it a laptop you are using? If so try it with battery power only. If the noise goes away you may have a ground loop issue. If so, go onto Amazon and search ground loop and you find plenty for under £10. It is designed to remove/reduce background hiss caused by interference between electrical items.

A

Anonymous

Sorry no go dude. I guess I'll have to try testing and unplugging everything.......cables.....etc.....

even though it's probably Spotify!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts