Does a new ‘budget’ system require a music streamer as a separate?

Molesworth

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
Happy New Year to you.

I sold my prized hi fi system of separates (largely Arcam) a few years ago for the sake of domestic bliss and want to start again with a new system but I don’t understand how to stream music via my iPhone as part of a new system. My preference is to stream music without the need for a cable to connect my iPhone to the system and to have a CD player as part of the system. Looking at these What Hi Fi favourites as examples:

Marantz PM6006 UK Special Edition + CD6006 UK Special Edition

how could I add to or use this system to stream music please? Do I need to add a streamer to the system as it looks to me that I’d need to connect my iPhone via a cable with this CD player and Amp combination. I know I will also need a good pair of speakers....

Many thanks for any suggestions for suitable solutions.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
Happy New Year!

There‘s a few options.

Either will plug into the Marantz Amp and will allow your iPhone to connect via Bluetooth.

This would match nicely though if you decided on a traditional streamer

Last edited:

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
If you are using an iPhone, you could also look at an Airport Express. This will sit next to, and is plugged into, the amp, and you simply send the music to it. This is what I did until just recently. Works pretty well....

Reactions: TnA200

scene

Regarding the speakers:
- How big is your room?
- What sort of music do you like listening to?
- What happened to your previous speakers (did you sell them)? (And what were they?)

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
How about a streaming CD player like a Yamaha CDN301 or CDNT670D and a pair of active speakers like the Edifier S2000 Pro which can take the output from the CD player.

Last edited:

manicm

I may have an alternative, albeit moderately powered system. I purchased the Denon Ceol N10 system with supplied speakers (no brainer). Said speakers have great clarity but slightly lacking in bass. My thinking is one may get say, B&W 607s to work nicely with this brilliant little box. And then you have an all singing, fully connected little system for around a grand. You should pick up the N10 for around 400 quid with the speakers, maybe with some haggling.

TRENDING THREADS