Dodgy Dacmagic advertising?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just received an email from Cambridge Audio exhorting me to vote for the Dacmagic in a competition run by a gadget mag. The subject reads "Vote for Dacmagic Win an Ipad".

Apart from noting that the subject is misleading, because voting for anything can win you an ipad I'd also question the business practice behind this. It's not trying to buy votes,but isn't far off.

Needless to say I won't be voting. I'm really surprised to see CA stooping as low as this.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's one those internet things I'm afraid, increasingly where awards are decided by public vote there's canvassing by interested parties. CA is far from alone in this respect...

A

Anonymous

This site asked if you wanted to be the first for trials of some cambridge audio music centre, so I though why not.

I did not tick the receive ads box, but am getting tons of ads from 3rd parties, including the one you are talking about.

emotion-12.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The beta testing programme for the NP30 is organised by Cambridge Audio, which also administered the application process. We merely reported it as a news story, so if you feel you are getting email from third parties as a result of applying to be a beta tester, you should take it up with CA.