Do you think 4K will increase consumer demand for larger TVs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Some people are just too old fashioned and stuck in their ways to buy a larger tv, i bet you any money though [font="ProximaNova-Semibold, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]if their was a 4K oled 32" tv people would buy it.[/font]

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
Some people are just too old fashioned and stuck in their ways to buy a larger tv, i bet you any money though if their was a 4K oled 32" tv people would buy it.
True. *smile*

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I can't really see people wanting anything much bigger than a 50"-65" TV in their living room. At those sizes, 4K really isn't going to have any impact, so you could say that yes, 4K will increase demand for larger screens, as people will need larger screens to appreciate it.

I still say it is a format that is far better suited to home theatre projectors that are being used to project pictures above 10ft, although the benefit of 4K can be appreciated on 7-8ft screens.

ClassAct

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Certainly so but perhaps not on a scale that manufacturers hope for to increase profits. Or enthusiasts hope for to bring prices down.

stev4e

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Nope not until standard deff tv is put up to nearer 4k or even HD quality. Went looking for a 4K TV before xmas, and was not impressed with standard tv picture and as most of the tv watching in my house is normal tv so have ordered a Sony KDL-55W829 today. (I have had a Sony KDL 40X3000 since it came out nearly 6 years ago and wanted a bigger screen.)

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I think 4k will benefit gamers more, due to higher resolution. This is of course when graphic cards a capable of 4k. 4k cards are available now, but such cards are very expensive. I think 4k starts to make sense from 65" for tv viewing.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Actaully i will go as far as saying at the start of smart tv, picture quality actually deteriorated. Its only began to improve over the last two years. I bought so many tvs now I still could not better my Samsung 6 series LE46A656 tv as a result returned so many tvs. Its all about the panels. Well mostly. Waiting to see who will be the winners this year. Pricing will determine alot.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
simonlewis said:
Some people are just too old fashioned and stuck in their ways to buy a larger tv ...

That's perfectly true in my case. I love listening to stuff streamed wirelessly through my iPhone and iPad Mini and I love reading my books (Kindle and physical). Along with work and family and other things, it really eats into the time I could be wasting slobbed out in front of some giant TV watching #### :)

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I would hope the projector market would be pushing really hard selling 4K units. I still don't see the point in a 4K TVs. A waist unless it's 80 inches or more.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
I can't really see people wanting anything much bigger than a 50"-65" TV in their living room.

Heh-heh, just watch me when I win the lottery, or manage to raid my pension fund, a process which began in August last year with no end in sight!

TRENDING THREADS