Question Do You Run with Speaker Covers On or Off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 116933

really depends on the speaker i guess and the tweeters/drivers. I know my klipsch heresy's look butt ugly with the grills off and TBH doesn't make a jot of difference on my end so they stay on and saves me a dusting job.

Tannadeechee

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
Always used to leave the grills off and put away safely. My current DC3000s were bought to replace standmount speakers when my son was learning to walk and have the grills kept on but removed when in use. There is a big difference, to me, with better top end and vocals a bit clearer. Sounds great with grills on, but once heard with them off I couldn't listen to them on anymore.

Reactions: Dom

OliverYY

BANNED
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
I usually take them off but it depends on the speakers. My current main speakers - B&W 804 - have their grills on. With my bedroom speakers, a pair of 35 year old B&W DM-5's, they're off.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Cover off always, because my speakers look so good without them and I get the impression that the sound will be slightly more clear without the covers blocking the audio space (probably more psychological than strict audio evidence..!):)

Prefer to see and listen with the loudspeakers covers off. Working in the store today and as i write this listening to Radio 1Xtra through a system which consists of a Naim NDX 2, ATC SCA2, Parasound Halo JC5, Monitor Audio 5G Gold 300 and a JL Audio Fathom f112 v2. Sounds and looks great particularly without the covers on the 5G Gold 300's and the Fathom f112 v2 :cool:

Reactions: insider9 and Dom

Gray

Prefer to see and listen with the loudspeakers covers off. Working in the store today and as i write this listening to Radio 1Xtra through a system which consists of a Naim NDX 2, ATC SCA2, Parasound Halo JC5, Monitor Audio 5G Gold 300 and a JL Audio Fathom f112 v2. Sounds and looks great particularly without the covers on the 5G Gold 300's and the Fathom f112 v2 :cool:
That's a miraculous system if it makes R1X sound great:astonished:
Just look at the diabolical compression of Radio 1, as shown on their own Peak Programme Meter!!
View: https://youtu.be/NYx0MIUtoSI?t=92

Last edited:
That's a miraculous system if it makes R1X sound great:astonished:
Just look at the diabolical compression of Radio 1, as shown on their own Peak Programme Meter!!
View: https://youtu.be/NYx0MIUtoSI?t=92

Either way I still like how Radio 1Xtra sounds through the combination of Naim Audio’s NDX 2, ATC SCA2, Parasound Halo JC5, Monitor Audio 5G Gold 300 and a JL Audio Fathom f112 v2 :)

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts