Do you remember your first post?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Something about my Pioneer's sounding great on DTS Master Audio on Broken Arrow. *smile*

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
My first post was on the Home Cinema forum asking for advice on potential purchases :-

I previously had a Sony DAV all in one Home Theatre System which has recently packed up on me. I had an extended warranty so i've had to return all of the equipment to Currys in exchange for vouchers.

I saw a cheap Denon amp going the other day so decided to pursue the seperates route and forget Currys all in one packages, but i've not got a great deal to spend. Could someone let me know if i'm going in the right direction and give some advise on my kit to be used in a room 4 metres by 4 metres.

Amp - Just bought a Denon AVR-1507 for £60. Only 2 months old as the owner is buying a top of the range Denon instead. (I've seen the reviews and for the price thought it a great bargain so the 1st piece of the jigsaw is in place and now i must continue my journey).

DVD player - Again from the review in What Hi-Fi, i'm going for the Denon DVD-1930. Saw one going for £149 as clearence stock due to the 1940 now being on sale. Hopefully a bargain and a good buy.

Speakers - I've not decided what i'm going to get yet but due to not having huge funds available, and again going on the reviews, i think i'm going to go for the KEF KHT5001 speaker set. I've seen a set going for £250.

Cables - I've no idea what i should be using to connect everything together - i've previously only used normal hi-fi speaker cables so advise would be welcome.

I'd like to know peoples opinions on the kit i'm buying. All in, it will come to just over £500 for a full system, but will it be ok in my room, not just for films but also for audio cd's which i play alot.

Thanks to anyone who can find the time to reply.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Paul. said:
Thompsonuxb said:
How do you find them?

I can't recall mine....

on any post just click on your name (the blue link) and it takes you to your forum posts. Scroll to the bottom and click the last page link.

That's only for threads that you've started.

1st posts are frequently made in someone else's thread. They are difficult to find.

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I was concerned that my A&R A60 was getting older and might pack up anytime soon, and was wondering what a suitable replacement might be. I needn't have worried it's still going strong 34 years or so after buying it.

In fact it's seen off several CD players in that time!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
chebby said:
Paul. said:
Thompsonuxb said:
How do you find them?

I can't recall mine....

on any post just click on your name (the blue link) and it takes you to your forum posts.  Scroll to the bottom and click the last page link.

That's only for threads that you've started.

1st posts are frequently made in someone else's thread. They are difficult to find.

Dont have a clue

TRENDING THREADS