Do you like to know the real specs, or just happy with the sound

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JAXON5"]have you considered the MF superchargers?[/quote]

They don't work with baimping, so useless in my opinion.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It's interesting how sensitivity works. Two pairs of speakers at the same volume...and they ain't at the same volume.

But I couldn't tell you the power output of my amps, or the W of my speakers without consulting the manuals

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Charlie Jefferson"]I have zero interest in the technical specifications of my hi-fi. In fact, I prefer to direct my salary to What Hifi mansions and let them choose my gear for me.[/quote]

Nice commission top-up you got last month, Charlie - let us know what you want to spend that extra on
emotion-5.gif

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Brisk"][quote user="gpi"][quote user="Brisk"]I'm happy with the sound although I've been paying it more interest recently. What interests me the most is the difference in manufactures figures and the measured figures. One publication stated the Marantz pm6002 which I own has a measures output of 80wpc not the stated 45wpc into 4Ohm. I think I would pay it more attention if I knew the manufacturers were more consistent.[/quote]

It would be more into 4 ohms instead of 8. Someone else will be better than me at explaining it.[/quote]
Thats what I thought so I doubled checked, they said 50W into 8Ohms and 80W into 4Ohms.[/quote]

That sounds about right, although good amps will double up, so 100W into 4 ohms. The lower the impedance of the loudspeaker, the more current it demands from the amp.

A

Anonymous

Ashley James will dismiss the whole launch of 1000 archive reviews as rubbish as the future is PC..............

I for one prefer my hifi - my PC is to shoot terrorists on Counter-Strike :D

Looking forward to reviews of Arcam CD37 and CD17 meself.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
[quote user="Charlie Jefferson"]I have zero interest in the technical specifications of my hi-fi. In fact, I prefer to direct my salary to What Hifi mansions and let them choose my gear for me.[/quote]

Nice commission top-up you got last month, Charlie - let us know what you want to spend that extra on
emotion-5.gif

[/quote]

Wires i.e. speaker cable :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts