Question Do you know a good DAC & AMP (headphone) with optical input?

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Hello,

Would it be possible to have some suggestions about products like described on subject? I just bought a Wiim Mini and need to connect it to a DAC&AMP, to leave on my desk constantly powered, through optical cable (digital signal).

I will mainly using it, for now, with Qobuz and without connecting my phone to anything else...so using the Qobuz connect capabilities and wifi only.

It would be great if the DAC&AMP is also providing an high quality frequency response. My first choice is for now Chord Mojo 2. With Topping EX5 in second place. Pity for the iFi Zen One, it doesn't provide a headphone amp and adding a second device would make the setup more expensive than the Chord Mojo 2....

Thanks in advance
Fabio

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Please delete the question, I realised this is probably the wrong place… Posted in HiFi section…
I can’t delete the thread by myself.

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
I had the original Chord Mojo and though it sounded ok the 'coloured ball' system was a real pain.....plus it's really a portable system. For a desktop system which is permanently powered up I would much prefer the Topping EX5 or the SMSL M500.

I went to Richer Sounds and they showed me the Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 200m…gorgeous. I will go for that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts