Do I need to buy satellite receiver

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Apologies for my ignorance I am not techy, I need to know if new breed of TVs can take input from my dish LNB directly and tune freeview channels. Does this mean I don't need to have a satellite receiver? if this is correct what features I should look for digital tuner vs analog tuner does digital tuner catch HD reception from satellite.

Thanks for your help it will save me from headache of multiroom solution.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, you still need a satellite receiver.

The tuners built into TVs will only take a signal from a conventional terrestrial TV aerial, and whether they'll be compatible with new HD terrestrial services if and when they become available remains to be seen.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Andrew for your quick response. I am just coming from a big TV showroom were I saw Sharp HD1E impressed me a lot, I am not sure if WHF reviewed this particular model. The guy in the shop told me it has a built-in HD satellite tuner so I just need to plug-in my dish cable. is this correct? are there any other TV brands/models which have built-in sat receiver?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="NigelF"]
Apologies for my ignorance I am not techy, I need to know if new breed of TVs can take input from my dish LNB directly and tune freeview channels. Does this mean I don't need to have a satellite receiver? if this is correct what features I should look for digital tuner vs analog tuner does digital tuner catch HD reception from satellite.

Thanks for your help it will save me from headache of multiroom solution.

[/quote]

...and before buying any satellite receiver wait until the freesat launch. Satellite receivers on the market now may not work with the freesat EPG data. This may be important to you (or may not!).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts