Do different screen sizes in the same range (i.e. Sony ex503, Samsung 650C) perform differently?

TB303

May 26, 2008
Visit site
I want to get a 46" TV and consider the Sony KDL46EX503U or the Samsung LE46C650 and in both cases I see people commentign onilne taht the picture qualitya nd performance is superior in the 40" versions - Why is that? Is it that 1080p can only go to a certain size and after it you just get 'bigger pixels'?

Lastly, which TV would you recomend? I want to get the best I can (up to £900) ideally a 46", don't care about 3D but will use gaming and realise most TV content is SD - so it should look good.

many thanks!

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Generally the bigger the screen the worst the picture will get with sd sources, and they really need to be sent hd material so gaming blu-ray and sky hd will still be about the same. Viewing distances play more a part so getting that right is more important. I too looked at both models and still unsure to which is the best, but now hanging on to 2011 models which should start to emerge over the next couple of months.I would go and have a look for yourself, also different size screens often use different panels so any reviews on smaller screen sizes won't reflect the same ratings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts