DNM precision speaker cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone heard the DNM precision speaker cable? This is the one DNM introduced late in 2007 and not the old DNM speaker cable that is now rebranded 'Reson'. I've rang dealers (and contacted DNM) but none can loan me a pair to trail...

I wondered how it sounded compared to the Cyrus speaker cable that shares many of the same design features.

I'm also interested as to how it would compare to something like Atlas Hyper? I've heard the Hyper 2.0 and it's nice and rounded but didn't blow my head off.

Thanks

jules.

A

Anonymous

Hi Jules. Interesting cable but haven't heard it. Why don't you buy a 1 m length (some on ebay) for £18 and have a go. I understand you only need 1 run (not a pair). I reckon it's worth a shot. Not sure It'll blow your head off though ;-) ..... here

A

Anonymous

Hey Jaxon5,

Thanks for the idea mate. The way my system is arranged means a 1.5m length "unzipped" would just stretch if I moved my kit to a tempary position in front of the telly!

Shame DNM nor the dealers will loan me some to try tho. Afterall speaker cable is all about fine tuning and for that you definately need to hear it in your own system and home!

No comment from the WHF team about the cable? Perhaps I should have put "CLAIR" or "ANDREW" in the topic title....
emotion-5.gif

jules.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
jules153:No comment from the WHF team about the cable? Perhaps I should have put "CLAIR" or "ANDREW" in the topic title....
emotion-5.gif

jules.

Perhaps, but then I've never tried the cable, and Clare dislikes having her name misspelt.
emotion-18.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I haven't heard it either but as its a solid core spaced cable using similar or the same jacket material I would have thought its very similar to the old DNM which was fast and tight. This also happens to be the 'cyrus sound' so there's probably many similarities. It would'nt surprise me in the least if the two cables where made by the same people.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
jules153:No comment from the WHF team about the cable? Perhaps I should have put "CLAIR" or "ANDREW" in the topic title....
emotion-5.gif

jules.

Perhaps, but then I've never tried the cable, and Clare dislikes having her name misspelt.
emotion-18.gif

my wife (Claire!) agrees with the getting annoyed at misspellings :)

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
emotion-5.gif

jules.

emotion-18.gif

'What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;'

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Ditto my brother, who is a Lindsay.

Forget the 'what's in a name' bit. In any where other than Scotland, where it's more common, you'd spend a complete school carer fighting with a name like that.

Why do you think Shirley Crabtree became a wrestler (apart from being 30 stone)

John Duncan

Well luckily, it was in Scotland, but it was in the kind of place where the outside world was so far away that nobody knew it was/could be a girl's name until they left, at which point everybody thought it was weird finding girls called Lindsay, since we all thought it was a boy's name......

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Could have been short for Clarence?

I have a sister-in-law named Claire who also gets annoyed with mis-spellings of her name. There are quite a few ways to spell the name and I'm never sure how she spells her Claire so I scribble it on cards indecipherably.

A

Anonymous

With my unfortunate two forenames and two surnames transposable - I get called Thomas at work no end because the email directory shows 'Thomas Graham'. And I sit next to a guy called Thomas! And there is a guy in another office called Thomas Graham. Grrr!

At least no-one calls me Clare!

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas:At least no-one calls me Clare!
...but you'd like that really wouldn't you...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Drummerman. In fact fast and tight is exactly the sound I'm after so I might just throw caution to the wind and get some. Tho it's usually my (and WHF's) policy to listen before you buy...

Apologies to Ms Newsome for the incorrect spelling! I know I don't have that problem because there's only one way to spell Jools.

jules.

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I hope this isn't below the belt or against the WHFSAV decency rules but quite a few years ago the purchasing dept of the small co I worked for had two guys in it...In the inter company telephone directory they were listed as follows, Last names first:

Gay, Nigel

Pullin, Tim

OOOh Matron and Sorry!!!

A

Anonymous

JAXON5:Hi Jules. Interesting cable but haven't heard it. Why don't you buy a 1 m length (some on ebay) for £18 and have a go. I understand you only need 1 run (not a pair). I reckon it's worth a shot. Not sure It'll blow your head off though ;-) ..... here

Well I ended up buy some 2nd hand Kimber 4TC in the end which has blow my head off !

It might be double the price (new) than the Hyper 2 (or the DMN) but to my ears it's definately worth it. Transparency, bass dynamics, and treble sweetness are in another league. Highly recommended, especially for those who've found some Chord (or QED) cables a bit too bright.

jules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts