Display issues with Pioneer VSX-923

oGruffo

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I need assistance. :(

Before I begin, I should point out that I am useless with setting up home entertainment things, but very eager to learn. That being said...

...I recently bought the Pioneer VSX-923 receiver after doing some research. Setting it up was all fine and dandy, and My Blu-ray works well, my Tivo works well, but my Xbox doesn't display correctly. It comes up and showing like an old loading error from an Amiga 500. Colours all over the place and you can't even recognise the Xbox dashboard.

I followed the recommended setup twice, tried other HDMI slots, and other HDMI cables, but it's always this "error" looking screen. Has anyone experienced this before or know what might be wrong? I'm at a bit of a loss, and mainly bought the receiver so I had amazing sound when playing my Xbox. :'(

Thanks for any help or advice.

/Gruff

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I suppose you already tried the obvious:

- Tried a different HDMI cable

- Tried a different input on the receiver

- Did a software update on the receiver

If none of that works, I would look into the following:

- Output resolution of the XBOX. Set this to 720p (don't use 24p)

- Output resolution of the Pioneer. Also set this to 720p (this is on page 65 of the user manual)

oGruffo

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply @mmg

Yeah, already tried the obvious ones, but not sure how to change the outpu resolution (my manual is in Danish and I don't speak Danish :grin: ) Any ideas roughly where it'll be? I can then just mash buttons until something happens.

oGruffo

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
@mmg ...You're a GENIUS!!

Managed to find out how and where, and it all works perfectly. If I ever see you in a pub you sir, are getting beers as payment!!

Going to see if I can make it work with 1080 now. :D

oGruffo

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
@mmg ...You're a GENIUS!!

Managed to find out how and where, and it all works perfectly. If I ever see you in a pub you sir, are getting beers as payment!!

Going to see if I can make it work with 1080 now. :D

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you got it to work. I doubt you'll ever have to buy me beers, since I live in Belgium :)

You can find the manual for your receiver here: http://docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/VSX_923_K_ARB7527_manual/GetPDF.ashx I'd keep a copy of the manual, it contains some interesting information on the best ways to set up your system and get the most out of your receiver!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts