disappointed with sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi your thoughts please just tried my new bx2s last night with my denon dm38 had 9.1s diamonds before was expecting a better sound to be honest they seem to sound the same as the 9.1s the system is on a shelf in my kitchen the speakers are up against the wall from the back i went for bx2s as they are front ported to help with the base should i sell the denon as well and buy marantz pm and cd 6004??? cant place speakers on stands as people have told me kitchen is the only place for system in my house comments please

regards Martin.....

A

Anonymous

anyway sand is a good idea but i have not got room for stands any ideas on my original question about sound

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You could put the speakers on wall brackets like these if you have not got room for dedicated stands .

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands-brackets/btech/bt77/btec-bt77

It should allow them to work better than placing them on a shelf and they can be adjusted for angle and tilt to get the best sound balance :)

A

Anonymous

My lord this is confusing the kitchen is my only room to have a system in reasons friends allways are in kitchen and kitchen back door leads to garden so when sat out there can still here music when turned up a little

thanks

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
martin38 said:
My lord this is confusing the kitchen is my only room to have a system in reasons friends allways are in kitchen and kitchen back door leads to garden so when sat out there can still here music when turned up a little

thanks

I bet your neighbours are pleased about that? !!!! :wall:

CJSF

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well your speakers really are not going to work anywhere near their potential placed on a shelf, regardless of what's running them.Stands, or even wall-mounts, are going to make a night and day difference. I do appreciate, though, that a kitchen is an impractical - even impossible - location to site stands, but listen to Electro and look at wall mounts.

Well your speakers really are not going to sound anywhere near their potential placed on a shelf, regardless of what's running them.

Stands - or wall-mounts - are going to make a night-and-day difference. I do appreciate, though, that a kitchen is an impractical - even impossible - location to site stands, but listen to Electro and look at wall mounts.

Edit: Plus one for the B-Tech's. I have a pair, although I had to dispense with them due to masonry problems

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
martin38 said:
back door leads to garden so when sat out there can still here music when turned up a little

How do you know he has any? I've got speakers in the back garden, nearest neighbour is half a mile away, ok with you if I turn them up a little?

A

Anonymous

Good point lucky for me i live in a castle with a moat round me !!

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
martin38 said:
back door leads to garden so when sat out there can still here music when turned up a little

How do you know he has any? I've got speakers in the back garden, nearest neighbour is half a mile away, ok with you if I turn them up a little?

Live in the middle of a field The_Lhc? . . . With your attitude, no one would wants to live any closer to you . . . 8)

CJSF

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
martin38 said:

Live in the middle of a field The_Lhc?

As it happens, yes.

With your attitude, no one would wants to live any closer to you . . . 8)

Or I them, if I'm being honest.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Going back to the OP. You certainly should get a better sound if you swap the Denon for the Marantz pairing - or, if you want to keep things compact (never bad on a shelf) the Marantz Melody Media (aka CR603) or Denon CEOL systems.

There are some superb deals on those systems at the moment, and you should hear a clear step up from your DM38 - and you'll add Apple AirPlay capability, allowing you to stream directly to your hi-fi from your Apple iThings...

A

Anonymous

thanks very much for your advice have just ordered pm cd 6004 from peter tyson regards martin.....

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Or I them, if I'm being honest.

We agree The_Lhc, I dont like people much either . . . I dont know the names of either of my neighbours, been her 11 years . . . we do have a problem with some across the way, back door open, music blasting away, poor quality in sound and taste!!! :wall:

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts