Disappointed with ONKYO 606

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone, As the heading suggests iam so let down with the onkyo 606 it is not precise with the sound placements and when playing music well what a big let down. I have had it for a couple of months know and i have decided to part exchange it for a Yamaha thats if Acton Gate Audio will help me out. Is there anyone else as disappointed as me?

Happy New Year to you all.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The 606 is predominantly an AV product as opposed to a hi-fi product. It is designed to do many things, but audiophile grade hi-hi isn't a main concern, and not one that can be adressed at this sort of price point. I would recommend a dedicated 2 channel amplifier for music reproduction, and if you need a 5.1 for movies, keep this seperate from the hi-fi.

Many people are happy with these AV amps for music, but the more discerning audiophiles are going to struggle to replace their hi-fi systems with an AV system.

A

Anonymous

yep i am in total agreement, the onkyo is a great all rounder and bold sound not suited totaly to music and would choose another amplifier, or alternativly a stereo amp as well as youe onkyo amp.

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
As an alternative, you could purchase a vavle amp...fatman itube 252 is excellent and connect that to the pre -out of the onkyo. That way you can still enjoy music and films.

daveh75

skularatna:As an alternative, you could purchase a vavle amp...fatman itube 252 is excellent and connect that to the pre -out of the onkyo. That way you can still enjoy music and films.
The onkyo 606 doesn't have pre-outs, so isn't an option

A

Anonymous

I have an Onkyo 606 for about six months now. This is how I rate its performance for the money:

Movies: Five stars (Excellent)

Music: Four and a half stars (Very Good)

May I know your complete set-up with the 606?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts