Disappearing soundstage

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
While away on holiday I thought I would get my pioneer a400 serviced and biased adjusted. While away the man doing the service looked into mods the short of it is that it is now been re capped using panasonic fc caps (black gate were originally talked about) now it seems that to me that the sound stage has deminished and there is less seperation am I imagining it. In fact it sounds muddy flat just plain bad. Is there any chance it will improve?

Please all opinions welcome.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
When I had it serviced the plan was to clean and up the bias. The tom evans gte mods and others include upping bias and blackgate caps was researched by the engineer. Quite honestly id rather the caps were elna silmic ii or the originals. As a gas fitter I don't do electronics I rely I on so called professionals unfortunately they all know better than laymen looking at Internet forums. Sorry but I feel amp raped.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The advantages to be gained by modding amps are going to be very small if not non-existant and you do best to leave well alone unless something is broken.

If you describe the rest of your system people here will be able to recommend a replacement amp.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts