Dilemma re. using same speakers with both hi-fi and AV/surround sound amp - please help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

I have a set of floorstanding Tannoy DC6T speakers which I am using with my CD and hi-fi (i.e. 2-channel) amp. I have bought an AV amp and additional centre, rear (x2) and subwoofer speakers. Problem is that I want to use the same floorstander speakers as both my hi-fi speakers via my high-end hi-fi amp and as the front left and right speakers of my surround sound system - rather than having to buy an additional set of floorstander speakers and have 2 totally inddependent systems, which would mean having a room full of speakers! Is there, say, a switch which would allow me to do this?

Ian

A

Anonymous

I have a Denon AVR 1910 receiver (though I could return it - quickly! and get the more expensive 2310 model - if this would solve the problem.

Ian

daveh75

ianhammiller@yahoo.co.uk:

I have a Denon AVR 1910 receiver (though I could return it - quickly! and get the more expensive 2310 model - if this would solve the problem.

Ian
Had a quick look at the tech spec's and nether the 1910 or 2310 have pre-outs, so your going to need a switch like the one i linked to above.
EDIT-On checking Denons website,the 2310 does have front L+R pre-outs- WHF?, your tech specs for the 2310 are incorrect!

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

So it looks like returning my recently-bought Denon AVR1910 and paying the additional £250 to replace it with the 2310 model would be the best solution to my problem, rather than looking at switches, etc.? Please confirm! Don't want to pay out the extra cash before ensuring that this is my best option!

Thanks,

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts