Digital setup: V-DAC / V-PSU + Avi Neutron IV active or Wadia 151 PowerDac + speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently looking for a smart and nice sounding setup. I use itunes in conjuction with an Apple Airport Express to stream my music to my stereo. My ipod functions as the remote (with the free Apple Remote app). This works all quite well.

To upgrade my current stereo setup I am looking at a Musical Fidelity V-DAC (or the new V-DAC II) with a V-PSU and a pair of Avi Neutron IV active (Amp Pak). Or a Wadia 151 PowerDac with a pair of passive speakers (which ones will be a good combination?).

Our listeningroom is 5 x 5 m, so quite small. The ripped files in itunes are Apple Lossless and MP3 VBR format. The connection between the Airport Express and the future DAC will be a Monster Toslink cable.

Has anyone real life experience with the two set ups I would like to choose between or any other recommendations? It is nice if my new setup is reasonably futureproof for the next 5 years, so I would like to be able to play high resolution music (like offered by Linn).

Any comments are highly appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts