Differences between the Primare i30 and Leema Tucana

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I heard both but not side by side (A-B)

Tucana is more accurate and affordless sounding while Primare is more like a invitingly smooth type.

A

Anonymous

The Leema Tucana will undoubtedly, be better than the Primare i30 in all respects, I would think. My Primare has a fluid sound to it, like silk (IMO).

It's the next step up. Hopefully, it will be for me too, soon. *Fingers crossed*

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-2.gif
one starts with P and the other L............................

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Primare sound more like a valve amp(and still good bass), Leema sound like ss in every manner. Different tastes, different choice. Let your ear to judge...

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
ALTANPSX:Primare sound more like a valve amp(and still good bass), Leema sound like ss in every manner. Different tastes, different choice. Let your ear to judge...

Smooth solidstate amp is world apart from Valve. In fact I think Leema sound more tubes in the midrange.

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:
ALTANPSX:Primare sound more like a valve amp(and still good bass), Leema sound like ss in every manner. Different tastes, different choice. Let your ear to judge...

Smooth solidstate amp is world apart from Valve. In fact I think Leema sound more tubes in the midrange.

IMO Primare sounds like a tube amp, sweet mid range and closed upper range. Leema, makes music like a ss. Strong punches, detailed and analytic vocals, open upper freq. But honestly, both of them would not be my first choice.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
ALTANPSX:Thaiman:

IMO Primare sounds like a tube amp, sweet mid range and closed upper range. Leema, makes music like a ss. Strong punches, detailed and analytic vocals, open upper freq. But honestly, both of them would not be my first choice.

I am not sure why if it smooth then it must sound like valve!You have to trust me on this one, my Tube amp, Mcintosh 2275 can slam a lot harder than my friend's leema.

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:ALTANPSX:Thaiman:

I am not sure why if it smooth then it must sound like valve!You have to trust me on this one, my Tube amp, Mcintosh 2275 can slam a lot harder than my friend's leema.

Mcintosh, Audio Research does not sound like tube amp. even if they are. Look at the whathifi review about the Audio Research vs115. It start something like that,

Think what you expect from a valve amp, and do not expect it from AR.....

Mcintosh, Audio Researc, Classe are sound like the real voice(at least try). If your Mcintosh sound more harder than your friends Leema, it does not signfy that Leema sound like a tube amp. I had have a Mcintosh (mc252, mc402, mc 275) even the mc275 sounds like ss. Leema maybe smooth for a ss, but it still has the detailed and analytic mid range, that most of the tube amp has not. In the mean time, Primare does not lack detailed and analytic midrange completely, but it sounds more like tube amps, especially female vocals like real, like they are exist in your living room. You won't be able to (at least I did not) hear the same in Leema.

Also, these are my opinions. Everyone's ear is the best ear, for his/her own.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
agree on the last sentence
emotion-21.gif

I was talking about a general listener tend to think Tubes can't slam, that's all. The fact is that they really can
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts