Did you know?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Here are some random fun facts
  • A cloud weighs around a million tonnes. ...
  • Giraffes are 30 times more likely to get hit by lightning than people. ...
  • Identical twins don't have the same fingerprints. ...
  • Earth's rotation is changing speed. ...
  • Your brain is constantly eating itself. eeeeeK... mine must be the size of a walnut!
1705777679776.png

Reactions: Stuart83 and DougK1

Friesiansam

Here are some random fun facts
  • A cloud weighs around a million tonnes. ...
  • Giraffes are 30 times more likely to get hit by lightning than people. ...
  • Identical twins don't have the same fingerprints. ...
  • Earth's rotation is changing speed. ...
  • Your brain is constantly eating itself. eeeeeK... mine must be the size of a walnut!
View attachment 5973
Don’t believe everything you see online…

Look carefully and it appears the lightning bolt is much further from the camera than the giraffe. A cloud weighing a million tonnes, how big is that cloud, they are variable? The Earth’s rotation is slowing down incredibly slowly, https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/earths-daily-rotation-slowing. Your brain is not “eating “ itself, brain cells are just dying as you get older.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
You mean that Nigerian Prince isn't going to send me £100million if I give him my bank details???
:ROFLMAO:
Don’t believe everything you see online…

Look carefully and it appears the lightning bolt is much further from the camera than the giraffe. A cloud weighing a million tonnes, how big is that cloud, they are variable? The Earth’s rotation is slowing down incredibly slowly, https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/earths-daily-rotation-slowing. Your brain is not “eating “ itself, brain cells are just dying as you get older.
The blah about the giraffe originated from the rag Daily Mail, this certainly supports your claim that this is nonsense 🤣

If iron was less dense than rock, there would be no life on Earth (at least not as we know it, Jim...

We'd have a planet with an iron crust over a rocky core. Iron being a good conductor of heat would mean that the stone core would have cooled a lot more that the existing iron one. Plus, crucially, no molten iron core would mean no magnetic field, meaning no protection from the solar wind and cosmic rays, so nothing to breathe and massive doses of radiation.

Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Talk of elements makes me think about the fact physicists shaven’t solved the quantum gravity problem.

Two theories about our universe that have yet to be disproved, but at the same time cannot exist together 🤯

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
You might like to look at this from MiT, research into how quantum physics and General Relativity work together.

Thanks, some cool ideas in there.

Might be worth highlighting it finishes with this statement: "there is still no clear fundamental description of the theory that works in all situations, and the set of four-dimensional solutions"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts