Did I just wreck my speaker

A

Anderson

I'm so annoyed at myself right now.

i was adjusting the feet of the speakers and to do so meant lifting them. I noticed something rattling which didn't surprise me because I've caught my nephew trying to stick things in the port a couple of times.

So I ended up removing the bottom woofer and with the aid of a little helper removed the offending materials, link to little album of this process.

Anyway, when I was righting the bolt at the back I heard a crack, like the sound wood makes when it splits. F&%K. I've investigated around the bolt in the outside and can't see any damage at all, not a hint. I've rapped the speaker around with my knuckles and it sounds okay, I tried removing the woofer again to see if I could see any damage on the inside but where the bolt comes through the crossover is attached and I don't see anyway to remove it.

Do you think I'm okay?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Those pictures made me laugh. Sweet looking daughter you have there too. :)

As far as your speakers go I can't help. I have heard wood crack without snapping before now so it could be possible that you've just weakened the wood a bit without actually breaking anything. This is only a guess though.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Nah you'll be reet. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't see any damage and everything works fine. Your assistant is mega cute. Much better than my two highly-hormonal teenage boys who just grunt at me.

A

Anderson

Thanks, she's a little monster though hah

I hope your right, plus your explanation has settled my brain a bit. Stressed but not completed broken, this could be the case. :)

A

Anderson

chebby said:
Probably ok but, you'll never be 100 percent happy with that speaker ever again :)

There will always be that niggling bit of doubt.

OMG you are my tormentor!

A

Anderson

MajorFubar said:
Nah you'll be reet. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't see any damage and everything works fine. Your assistant is mega cute. Much better than my two highly-hormonal teenage boys who just grunt at me.

I've got 3 girls, I've no doubt they will all end up as hormone fuelled monsters. Just enjoying what little years are left until then :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts