Device needed for running ROON OS

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Roon actually make hardware suggestions on their website, I have an Intel i3 NUC, which was quite good value. However, it struggles with off the fly PCM to DSD conversion. I would suggest you go for the highest specification NUC you can afford, for future proofing. Windows 10 support, from Microsoft, will be ending in around 5 years, so probably go for Windows 11. Install Roon Rock, and leave it to its job, setup to any streaming services you might have, and local file storage.

I have windows 10 & Roon Rock on a M.2 SSD, my music is stored on an SSD, very happy at the moment. I have two additional zones, although I only use one at a time. If you have SkyQ, you can set that as an airplay device, if they are on the same network, you could also play through your TV, Roon sometimes displays artwork, or even lyrics on the screen.

I was an earlier adaptor of Roon, and paid $299 for a lifetime membership, this best value for money for a HiFi component I have ever spent.

Reactions: Tinman1952

lewis1962

Jul 28, 2021
Visit site
Roon actually make hardware suggestions on their website, I have an Intel i3 NUC, which was quite good value. However, it struggles with off the fly PCM to DSD conversion. I would suggest you go for the highest specification NUC you can afford, for future proofing. Windows 10 support, from Microsoft, will be ending in around 5 years, so probably go for Windows 11. Install Roon Rock, and leave it to its job, setup to any streaming services you might have, and local file storage.

I have windows 10 & Roon Rock on a M.2 SSD, my music is stored on an SSD, very happy at the moment. I have two additional zones, although I only use one at a time. If you have SkyQ, you can set that as an airplay device, if they are on the same network, you could also play through your TV, Roon sometimes displays artwork, or even lyrics on the screen.

I was an earlier adaptor of Roon, and paid $299 for a lifetime membership, this best value for money for a HiFi component I have ever spent.

Hi and thank you for your post !

I bought a second hand i5 NUC which is running atm, I stuck a usb stick in with my stored music.

Working well, I'll have to try the integration with Sky Q, that's totally new to me.

Roon for $299 is a steal !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts