Devialet Phantom

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
drummerman said:
Just look at those little pieces of round egg shell vibrating ... it's like a chick is trying to hatch.

Happy weekend children x

Just ready to jump down your throat and subsequently burst out of your stomach several hours later.

Funny you mention that. I used to live across the road from the 'Red Factory' in Zurich where the late H.R.Giger had his studio. Great place with theatres, caffee's and much alternative stuff going on. Quite a few of the original design concepts as well as set-pieces of the original Alien film were dotted around the complex. - No devialet phantoms though they could have come straight from the Nostromo.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
"I heard a pair of these in Devialet's Paris showroom a few weeks back and to be honest, after all the fuss, I expected more.

I know a showroom is probably not the best place to audition anything, but I wasn't exactly blown away."

Same for me. I have a devialet Showroom in the vicinity of my flat and was invited when the phantom was launched. I found it "okay" but nothing incredible on the sound aspect. But I must admit, the marketing machine of Devialet is incredible. They have salesmans all around the world, battelling for making a giant buzz with every inch of pixel the internet could give away. I will trust nobody on a forum speaking about Devialet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts