Desktop integrated Amplifier/Dac wanted

dan2503

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking for some time for a really sleek looking system to be used in my kitchen. I toyed with the idea of the Monitor Audio A100 and equivalents, but would prefer a traditional source and 2 speaker set up.

I am looking for an integrated amp to play my Fiio X1 through via a 3.5mm jack. A built in DAC is not essential but It has to be small and asthetically pleasing. I'm planning on running something small like the Q acoustic 2010i.

I've looked every where and although I realise it's a niche market, I'm surprised at the lack of choice. Any suggestions would be great fully received.

Cheers

dan2503

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I probably wasn't specific enough but I'm trying to keep costs to a minimum being a Yorkshireman. I love the look of the Nad D3020 but after purchasing speakers I'm looking at £500 plus.

Since posting the thread I've stumbled across the Audioengine N22 which has the 3.5mm input. This can be had for around £130 and reviews look good. I realise you get what you pay for but as jump up from a dock, when volume would be pretty conservative, this looks like it fits the bill. Anyone any personal knowledge of this amp. Cheers

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
dan2503 said:
Thanks everyone. I probably wasn't specific enough but I'm trying to keep costs to a minimum being a Yorkshireman. I love the look of the Nad D3020 but after purchasing speakers I'm looking at £500 plus.

Since posting the thread I've stumbled across the Audioengine N22 which has the 3.5mm input. This can be had for around £130 and reviews look good. I realise you get what you pay for but as jump up from a dock, when volume would be pretty conservative, this looks like it fits the bill. Anyone any personal knowledge of this amp. Cheers

If you have not already bought your speakers, take a look at the Audioengine Dac1. A tiny dac/pre/headphone amplifier, just add an inexpensive pair of active speakers.

There are loads to choose from, I use these.....

pm4ah.jpg

Studiospares Seiwin SN4a active monitor 40 + 20 watts per speaker, £120 pair.

Plenty of other options under £200.

dan2503

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Tbh I'm trying to steer away from active speakers and use a dedicated amp as wanting as few runs of speaker cable and power cable as possible. It needs to be neat or the Mrs won't have it..

TRENDING THREADS