Denon UD-M30 Repair

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have bought a secondhand UD-M30 and found the left channel is slightly distored and weak. I belive the Left channel has been short circuited and damaged the STK-405-050A amplifer IC.

I ordered a STK-405-050A not made by Sanyo and fitted the IC. Now when I turn on the system I get a protection overide message I resoldered and still the same message. I changed the STK-405-050A back to the original and the system works as before.

Do I have a faulty STK-405-050A or do I have to buy a denon STK-405-050A?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I'd have thought the chances of a duff component are fairly slim but not impossible. Is the rear of the package metal? Maybe double check that there are no shorts to the heatsink with the new component.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
hyperactive911 said:
Hi,

I have bought a secondhand UD-M30 and found the left channel is slightly distored and weak. I belive the Left channel has been short circuited and damaged the STK-405-050A amplifer IC.

I ordered a STK-405-050A not made by Sanyo and fitted the IC. Now when I turn on the system I get a protection overide message I resoldered and still the same message. I changed the STK-405-050A back to the original and the system works as before.

Do I have a faulty STK-405-050A or do I have to buy a denon STK-405-050A?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Wher did you get the STK pack from and what manufacturer made it ?

A

Anonymous

Hi & thanks for replies, Crocodile – The back is metal but there was so little heat transfer paste on the original and no insulation layer so I think contact between the heat sink and IC should be ok but I guess I could always try to insulate it to see. Eggontoast – I miss wrote the original post and didn’t know how to change it. It is a Sanyo IC bought from Nikko Electronics KT19 0DT.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts