Denon RCD-M41DAB how do I connect a Wharfedale sw150 subwoofer??

GPullar

Aug 27, 2023
Visit site
I have a Denon RCD-M41DAB how do I connect a Wherfedale sw150 subwoofer. Other speakers are Wharfedale diamond 9's.The Denon has only one out put marked "subwoofer" and the subwoofer has several.I'm a newbie and some what confused ....Help!!!!

Gray

I have a Denon RCD-M41DAB how do I connect a Wherfedale sw150 subwoofer. Other speakers are Wharfedale diamond 9's.The Denon has only one out put marked "subwoofer" and the subwoofer has several.I'm a newbie and some what confused ....Help!!!!
Connect from Denon to Subwoofer line input.
(A single screened RCA cable to the line level left input).

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site

Wharfedale sw150 subwoofer?​

You need RCA Y cable. Single RCA is connected to Denon SW output and the L & R is connected to SW RCA inputs 😁

Amazon or eBay sell them for a few quid.
YACSEJAO RCA Y Cable Gold Plated RCA Y Splitter Male to Dual RCA/Phono Male Extension Audio Adapter Cable for Subwoofer Home Theater Amplifier(6.5FT/2M) https://amzn.eu/d/1xMTgTV

Attachments​

• 1693142612582.jpg
    1693142612582.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1693142558882.jpg

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
As the Denon has a proper SW output, you only need to connect this to the SW Left input using a standard RCA phono lead. This is shown in the instructions for the SW150.
Yes that is correct, the reason I suggested the Y cable, is the additional gain from the mono left and right outputs.
I know this, because in the little room I have Audioengine-one active speakers single RCA subwoofer output feeding into Fostex SW left and right input using splitter.
Initially I used only the left RCA, I found I wasn't getting sufficient gain. Then I plugged the cable into Y splitter adapter and SW was louder, I had to adjust the volume.
Perhaps its different with the Denon?

Last edited:

Gray

Yes that is correct, the reason I suggested the Y cable, is the additional gain from the mono left and right outputs.
I know this, because in the little room I have Audioengine-one active speakers single RCA subwoofer output feeding into Fostex SW left and right input using splitter.
Initially I used only the left RCA, I found I wasn't getting sufficient gain. Then I plugged the cable into Y splitter adapter and SW was louder, I had to adjust the volume.
Perhaps its different with the Denon?
My guess is that the right socket on his Wharfedale only comes into play for loop through of a stereo feed.
His user guide is suggesting that it gets all that it needs from the single feed.

However, for pennies he could try your suggestion to see if he gets the same boost that you do.....if he wants it 👍

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
My guess is that the right socket on his Wharfedale only comes into play for loop through of a stereo feed.
His user guide is suggesting that it gets all that it needs from the single feed.

However, for pennies he could try your suggestion to see if he gets the same boost that you do.....if he wants it 👍
Yeah absolutely, thanks :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts