Denon RCD M41 forgets preset DAB stations. Why?

Gutlessyogi

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
I have 8 DAB stations tuned in as presets. This all works fine for a long time then the unit loses all the settings and I have to rescan the DAB tuning and go through resetting specific stations to specific numbers.
All is fine for ages then it's gone. All memorised settings lost and have to go through it all again.

Any ideas why this is happening and what to do? Thanks.

Gray

It sounds like you're 100% certain all your stations were correctly, permanently stored (and that, normally, you could recall the presets successfully even after total power down / up).

In which case you've got some rare, intermittent issue.
So to the obvious question; how old is it?

Gutlessyogi

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi Gray,
thanks for the reply. Yes all stations stored correctly and working correctly for months at a time. Then all DAB stations gone and all 144 stations have to be tuned in again and then preset to the appropriate keypad numbers.

The unit is about 3 years old.

Gutlessyogi

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
I thought of this and have checked all buttons. There is nothing that would do this. And I suspect that even if there was (why would you want it anyway?) I am sure you would have to confirm the choice by pressing enter as you do for all other selections.
I have mailed Denon to see if they have any answers.

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

Hi Gray,
The unit is about 3 years old.
Wow, time flies, didn't realise the 41 had been around for anything like that long.
There are those that talk of the 6 year rule. Whereby (they say) an item needs to be fit for purpose for at least that long.
I'd say that's being a bit hopeful, but you could at least inform the retailer and / or Denon, that you're unhappy.

It's an annoying fault. Might be worth having words before deciding your next move.
(I've still got an old DAB 37 model in pieces, it's got a different intermittent fault......they're the worst....give me something that's completely dead anyday).

Edit: Just seen you've contacted Denon. Good.

Gutlessyogi

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
It may be a little less; I can't find the receipt.
I agree with you about 6 years. Ironically I am expecting a new tumble dryer any minute now as the last one packed up after 6 years!
And yes, intermittent is the worst.

Gray

I have 8 DAB stations tuned in as presets. This all works fine for a long time then the unit loses all the settings and I have to rescan the DAB tuning and go through resetting specific stations to specific numbers.
All is fine for ages then it's gone. All memorised settings lost and have to go through it all again.

Any ideas why this is happening and what to do? Thanks.
Just seen this thread on AV Forums:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts