denon dvd3800bd or Pioneer bdplx71+scLX81

lexloofah

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi this is my first post. current system. denon dvd3910,avr4306, Monitor Audio rs6av, pioneer pdplx5080 plasma +ps3.

I am torn between the idea of upgrading my dvd and amp to the pioneers mentioned above, as my amp cannot accept deep colour over hdmi and wont decode hd audio. or keeping my existing amp and buying the denon3800bd bluray (using the multichannel outs to the denon4306 and hdmi straight to plasma). i use my 3910 and 4306 for music listening aswell so was not sure which would be the best all round solution.

my 2 local hifi dealers have come up with the same price for both packages so cost is not an issue.

thanks in advance and look forward to your feedback.

A

Anonymous

May not help with your decision, but cheapest I have seen for the SCLX81 is £1,250 from Forum HiFi Visual in Nottingham and for the Denon 3800BD is £1,249 from HiFix in Coventry (in store only).

How does that compare against your local dealers?

lexloofah

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
thanks spencer. Denon is cheaper than my cambridge dealers, pioneer works out slightly dearer after i factor in the bluray lx71.

still wondering what would give me better pictures and sound (stereo and cinema). Pioneer bdplx71 and SCLX81 vs Denon 3800bd and avr4306.

Thanks for your advice on the pricing it is much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts