Denon DBP-1611UD Bluray player, when is the release date for it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

sure ronald , im not suggesting you didnt see the differences that you say you seen , just that its strange how some believe they see such differences , like yourself and others , and some believe they dont see them , like bigboss and others .
emotion-21.gif

i myself could find no difference between a ps3 and my current sony bpd-s363 with blu-rays , but i felt the 363 was a more capable upscaler of dvds ..

and my friend has a hand me down sony , cant think of the model number but it was the first ever sony bdp , a big behemoth of a thing , again , when i compared to my 363 neither i nor him could see any difference .. strange but true ..

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
When Sky went HD the few that bought in to it said how wonderful the picture quality was......some time later they started complaining that the pq was deteriorating and what was Sky up to.....as you get used to something it no longer has the 'wow' factor. Bit like driving a V8 for the first time, after a while it just becomes the 'norm'

Ronald Archiebald:

BB,

My son is older than you are. Humility and respect?

You have yet to understand what that even means.

Ronald

Ok, let's not get personal here, shall we? Let's not challenge people's personal experiences. You can disagree with them, by all means, but saying "You are wrong" to a personal experience isn't humility in my books (& age has nothing to do with being humble).

This is a good thread about the Denon & the Marantz players & let this carry on, concentrating on the players in question.

grdunn123:When Sky went HD the few that bought in to it said how wonderful the picture quality was......some time later they started complaining that the pq was deteriorating and what was Sky up to.....as you get used to something it no longer has the 'wow' factor. Bit like driving a V8 for the first time, after a while it just becomes the 'norm'

emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

ronald , you seem to be a helpful chap , who knows quite a bit about home cinema etc , but , stating as fact , differences that you perceive between components , on this forum , is a recipe for arguments/contradiction , why not just state your opinion on such matters , and let people make what they will of it ? and by the same token , respect or heed others opinions , advice , if you wish , as they do yours ..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:BB,
My son is older than you are. Humility and respect?

You have yet to understand what that even means.

Ronald

Ronald,

That's your second warning this evening...

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
bigboss:

maxflinn: bb , i think you need to eat more carrots
emotion-5.gif

Yup, eating 4 carrots a day!!
emotion-1.gif
Maybe I should have 6.....
BB 6 is overload, you only need 5 a day ive heard
emotion-5.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Things are getting close to being quite heated here - you'd almost think it was cable thread! The key is to ensure you demo two things together so you can check to ensure you can perceive the differences, as in fact all Jase was wanting to do when he started this thread. If you can see beneficial differences, then clearly spending the money on more expensive players is worthwhile. If you can't, then it really isn't.

There's no right or wrong in this (or any other) auditioning scenario, your own perceived value from your own experiences is all that counts.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:
Things are getting close to being quite heated here - you'd almost think it was cable thread! The key is to ensure you demo two things together so you can check to ensure you can perceive the differences, as in fact all Jase was wanting to do when he started this thread. If you can see beneficial differences, then clearly spending the money on more expensive players is worthwhile. If you can't, then it really isn't.

There's no right or wrong in this (or any other) auditioning scenario, your own perceived value from your own experiences is all that counts.

emotion-21.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
maxflinn:ronald , you seem to be a helpful chap , who knows quite a bit about home cinema etc , but , stating as fact , differences that you perceive between components , on this forum , is a recipe for arguments/contradiction , why not just state your opinion on such matters , and let people make what they will of it ? and by the same token , respect or heed others opinions , advice , if you wish , as they do yours ..

Maxflinn,

Very well said and adhered.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:
maxflinn:ronald , you seem to be a helpful chap , who knows quite a bit about home cinema etc , but , stating as fact , differences that you perceive between components , on this forum , is a recipe for arguments/contradiction , why not just state your opinion on such matters , and let people make what they will of it ? and by the same token , respect or heed others opinions , advice , if you wish , as they do yours ..

Maxflinn,

Very well said and adhered.

Ronald

emotion-21.gif

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I phoned Denon today they still don't have a date when the DBP - 1611UD will be in stock. They said there having problems with there susplyer. Bummer made my mind up on a certain player then carn't get one. I'm so inpatient but don't want to rush into buying something else then be disappointed.
Dean

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
dirtydean:I phoned Denon today they still don't have a date when the DBP - 1611UD will be in stock. They said there having problems with there susplyer. Bummer made my mind up on a certain player then carn't get one. I'm so inpatient but don't want to rush into buying something else then be disappointed.
DeanI know what you mean Dean, but luckily for me im not wanting it to replace my current player but just for demo purposes against my 2500BT.
Having said that if the 2011 beats the 2500BT in Audio and video quality then it will be replaced, im just looking forward to comparing the two side by side.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:
the Denon was still WHF's reference Blu-Ray player (in spite of the slow loading times!).

Im happy to hear this Prof, so if the 2500BT is there reference player, did they recommend it to you?

D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox:professorhat:

the Denon was still WHF's reference Blu-Ray player (in spite of the slow loading times!).

Im happy to hear this Prof, so if the 2500BT is there reference player, did they recommend it to you?

Can i just ask what is it reference for?

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
gel:jase fox:professorhat:

Can i just ask what is it reference for?

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

Well itll be for both video and audio quality as it doesnt play SACD etc
Im not surprised its there reference for this.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi Jase

No i just meant was it reference for like 0-£700 blu ray players?

Also what is reference for £700-£1500?

Also what is reference for £1500+?

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

By the way those amounts could be way off not sure
emotion-1.gif

Also does it work like that or not?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts