Denon DBP-1611UD Bluray player, when is the release date for it?

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
jase fox:Its ok, ive just found out thats it was during last month. mmm maybe a trip to the local HIFI store for a demo against my 2500BT me thinks...

No one has them in stock not in my area anyway, I have a shop trying to find out when they can get one for me...

Dean

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
jase fox:? Thanks

Hi Jase, I was told that it had been delayed due to a shortage of some of the chipsets due to mobile phone companys buying them up in bulk. I was favouring this one, but now I'm erring towards Denon's sister company's Marantz UD5005 which I've been promised for a good price. I don't think either are likely until later in September now.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
pete321:
jase fox:? Thanks

Hi Jase, I was told that it had been delayed due to a shortage of some of the chipsets due to mobile phone companys buying them up in bulk. I was favouring this one, but now I'm erring towards Denon's sister company's Marantz UD5005 which I've been promised for a good price. I don't think either are likely until later in September now.
Hi Pete,
I've just been to my local HIFI retailer and he told me there's a delay on them, he says it could be October now so ill have to wait. Funny you should mention the Marantz range as i just recently read the savvy shopper article in the mag where the Marantz was recommended to the Prof.

Decisions decisions....

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Though it was the older BD7004 I bought, not the BD7005 which I decided not to wait for as (a) it's unproven and I'd have to do another demo again just to make sure it was as good and (b) I have little to no interest in 3D, which seems to be the main focus on the new players.

I doubt it would rival your Denon though Jase - Simon Lucas was the fella who went round with me to the auditions and he said the Denon was still WHF's reference Blu-Ray player (in spite of the slow loading times!).

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Professorhat/Jase,

I have no doubt that the Denon DVD-2500BT will continue to remain the reference blu-ray player for picture and sound quality at it's price point for a long time to come, despite some here claiming not to see any difference between the Denon and a Panasonic DMP-BD60, of all things!

It's the best player I have encountered. My eye-sight can clearly distinguish the difference.

Ronald

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:

Professorhat/Jase,

I have no doubt that the Denon DVD-2500BT will continue to remain the reference blu-ray player for picture and sound quality at it's price point for a long time to come, despite some here claiming not to see any difference between the Denon and a Panasonic DMP-BD60, of all things!

It's the best player I have encountered. My eye-sight can clearly distinguish the difference.

Ronald

Until you have seen/heard a new product how can you say that? I have a Kuro and it is great, but I have no reason to say that the next model that comes out won't be better and/or cheaper. The price of blu-ray plaryers is plummeting and I would be surprised if the 2500 will not soon be surpassed ( probably it already has been).

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy:
jase fox:?

Thanks

Hi Jase,

Your not thinking the unthinkable are you.

Would the 2011 be nearer to the 2500BT, when it comes out that is.

Hi Michael,

Yes i agree that the 2011 should be nearer the replacement for the 2500BT and i may even demo that model aswell.
I want to strongly point out Michael that i have absolutely NO intensions of wanting to replace my 2500BT !! This demo is just purely for curiosity value mate, im just curious if the PQ/AQ has improved over the 2500BT and over 2years of supposed improved performance.

So i shall see...

michael hoy

I had thought of looking at the 2011 myself, would like the option of SACD and as you say, 2 years on will the 1611 or 2011 be a better machine.

Just on another note, ran something called a "DVD" through my 2500 last night, what a suprise on the upscaling, forgot how good the 2500 is in that department.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy:
I had thought of looking at the 2011 myself, would like the option of SACD and as you say, 2 years on will the 1611 or 2011 be a better machine.

Just on another note, ran something called a "DVD" through my 2500 last night, what a suprise on the upscaling, forgot how good the 2500 is in that department.

I think it is true what the Prof says and thats these new batch of players are intended for the 3D market as id be pleasantly surprised if the PQ would better the 2500BT

And yes the Denon is a great upscaler some dvds of mine look near HD quality ! Excellent stuff.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy:will the 1611 or 2011 be a better machine.

They both use the same chassis, the only difference that I can see for the 2011 is better upscaling ability using Anchor Bay and better internal decoding and multi analogue outs. None of these interest me, already got Anchor Bay in my Z7 and the player will just be a HDMI transport for Blu-Ray, SACD & DVD-A, so the 1611 should suit my needs, although as I said earlier in the thread, I'm leaning towards the Marantz UD5005.

Marantz-UD5005-Front.jpg

If you want the upscaling and internal decoding, then the Denon 2011 seems a better bet.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
pete321:
michael hoy:will the 1611 or 2011 be a better machine.

They both use the same chassis, the only difference that I can see for the 2011 is better upscaling ability using Anchor Bay and better internal decoding and multi analogue outs. None of these interest me, already got Anchor Bay in my Z7 and the player will just be a HDMI transport for Blu-Ray, SACD & DVD-A, so the 1611 should suit my needs, although as I said earlier in the thread, I'm leaning towards the Marantz UD5005.

Marantz-UD5005-Front.jpg

If you want the upscaling and internal decoding, then the Denon 2011 seems a better bet.

I must admit Pete, it looks a gorgeous piece of kit mate, i especially like the plain left and right end bits that the feet are under, so its certainly won my vote on the cosmetic Dept.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
hammill:Until you have seen/heard a new product how can you say that? I have a Kuro and it is great, but I have no reason to say that the next model that comes out won't be better and/or cheaper. The price of blu-ray plaryers is plummeting and I would be surprised if the 2500 will not soon be surpassed ( probably it already has been).

Seconded, my 2500BT was surpassed a long time ago by my Oppo! Blu-Ray players are still relatively young in evolution and are still at the stage where they are bettered quite quickly. Having seen what my £100 Sony 370 can produce, the Oppo's had it's day as well (for picture anyway). I'll be on my 6th player with next Denon or Marantz!

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
pete321:
hammill:Until you have seen/heard a new product how can you say that? I have a Kuro and it is great, but I have no reason to say that the next model that comes out won't be better and/or cheaper. The price of blu-ray plaryers is plummeting and I would be surprised if the 2500 will not soon be surpassed ( probably it already has been).

Seconded, my 2500BT was surpassed a long time ago by my Oppo! Blu-Ray players are still relatively young in evolution and are still at the stage where they are bettered quite quickly. Having seen what my £100 Sony 370 can produce, the Oppo's had it's day as well (for picture anyway). I'll be on my 6th player with next Denon or Marantz!

Blimey Pete, whatever player you give a full 100% approval of i think id buy it just because its passed your tests, ha

michael hoy

pete321:

I have tested the 370 against my 2500 on the same screen, the 2500 gave a better PQ IMO.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
pete321:

You're wrong.

The Oppo was beaten by the Sony BDP-S760, and the Denon 2500BT is superior to the Sony 760 for both picture and sound quality. The 760 was beaten by the S-370. The Denon still beats the S-370.

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:pete321:

You're wrong.

The Oppo was beaten by the Sony BDP-S760, and the Denon 2500BT is superior to the Sony 760 for both picture and sound quality. The 760 was beaten by the S-370. The Denon still beats the S-370.

so by that reckoning ronald , there should be a clear improvement in picture quality between an oppo and a 2500bt ?? in the denons favour ?? then a slight drop in pq to the s370 ?? and then a slight drop to the s760 ?? and then a slight drop to the oppo ?? and then a slight drop to the s360 ?? and then a slight drop to the s550 ?? and then a slight drop to the ps3 ?? and yet many people , including those that took part in a recent big question , can see little to no difference between the cheapest and most expensive players
emotion-43.gif

A

Anonymous

well its certainly food for thought , i mean , bigboss once tested a denon 2500bt , a ps3 and some panasonic blu-ray player , im not sure what model , anyway , the ps3 by your reckoning im assuming is said to display the worst pq , and the denon the best , and of course there are many players in between , so one would assume that he noticed this apparent gulf in performance ? namely picture quality , but he seen no difference between the three , on a krp-500 tv ? strange ..

bb , i think you need to eat more carrots
emotion-5.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Maxflinn,

BB? That's your source of reference?

When I post, it is from my own experience derived from components that I own/have owned, heard, watched, tested myself.

I can clearly distinguish picture and sound quality for myself.
'' The Oppo was beaten by the Sony BDP-S760, and the Denon 2500BT is
superior to the Sony 760 for both picture and sound quality. The 760 was
beaten by the S-370. The Denon still beats the S-370 ''
- this is a fact.

Ronald

Ronald Archiebald: despite some here claiming not to see any difference between the Denon and a Panasonic DMP-BD60, of all things!

Strange it may sound to you, but that's my personal experience of extensively testing the players on my Kuro (blu-ray videos). This is something I've maintained for long & have been ridiculed on this forum for the same, until the recent Big Question simply confirmed my findings.

Ronald Archiebald: My eye-sight can clearly distinguish the difference.

Fair enough, go ahead & buy an expensive player as you can see the difference.

Ronald Archiebald:pete321:

You're wrong.

Ok, you're going a bit far here. Pete has merely expressed his personal experience. He found the Oppo better than the Denon, both of which he has owned & played for a certain amount of time, much more than a mere cursory glance in a shop window. You haven't compared the players for that long personally. It's clear that you depend on the reivews more than your own eyes. How can Pete be wrong when it's his personal experience?

Maybe you should learn some humility & respect other people's experiences, just as I do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts