Denon DBP-1611UD Bluray player, when is the release date for it?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
grdunn123:When Sky went HD the few that bought in to it said how wonderful the picture quality was......some time later they started complaining that the pq was deteriorating and what was Sky up to.....as you get used to something it no longer has the 'wow' factor. Bit like driving a V8 for the first time, after a while it just becomes the 'norm'

Which V8 vehicle do you own then?
emotion-4.gif

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
gel:
Hi Jase

No i just meant was it reference for like 0-£700 blu ray players?

Also what is reference for £700-£1500?

Also what is reference for £1500+?

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

By the way those amounts could be way off not sure
emotion-1.gif

Also does it work like that or not?
Oh, sorry Gel, see what angle your coming from now, i'd be interested to know the answer with what price bracket the 2500BT is now reference in?

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:You're wrong.

The Oppo was beaten by the Sony BDP-S760, and the Denon 2500BT is superior to the Sony 760 for both picture and sound quality. The 760 was beaten by the S-370. The Denon still beats the S-370.

Not to my eyes, ears & wallet (I got my 370 for £100, not a bad machine for a bedroom player!). I can't comment on the 760, I haven't seen it. I assume you've had all the players you talk about to be able to agree with the reviews? I can only speak for the players I own or have owned, Sony BDP-S350, BDP-S360, BDP-S370, PS3, Denon 2500BT & Oppo BDP-80. Other people might not agree with me, but I'm talking from my experience of all the above players and only one of those was poor value for money, and that was the 2500BT.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:Though it was the older BD7004 I bought, not the BD7005 which I decided not to wait for as (a) it's unproven and I'd have to do another demo again just to make sure it was as good and (b) I have little to no interest in 3D, which seems to be the main focus on the new players.

You've got me thinking now Prof, I could probably get the 7004 for a good price with the newer models coming soon. I'm also not interested in 3D (too many miles left in my Pioneer yet). Do you know whether it sends DSD via HDMI? Although I'm still not sure, I don't want internal decoding or upscaling, so if the build quality and power components are the same, then the newer 5005 is probably all I'd need. Thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:Im happy to hear this Prof, so if the 2500BT is there reference player, did they recommend it to you?

No, because you can't buy it new any more, so it wasn't any good for me since I want to demo anything before I buy and it can't be bought from any shops which would allow me to demo it.

gel:No i just meant was it reference for like 0-£700 blu ray players?

I think by reference they mean the one they compare new players with to judge how well they fare against it. In the same way as the Bryston amp and the ATC SCM50 speakers are their reference hi-fi amp and speakers.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat:jase fox:Im happy to hear this Prof, so if the 2500BT is there reference player, did they recommend it to you?

No, because you can't buy it new any more, so it wasn't any good for me since I want to demo anything before I buy and it can't be bought from any shops which would allow me to demo it.

gel:No i just meant was it reference for like 0-£700 blu ray players?

I think by reference they mean the one they compare new players with to judge how well they fare against it. In the same way as the Bryston amp and the ATC SCM50 speakers are their reference hi-fi amp and speakers.

Ah i got you cheers for that
emotion-21.gif

Thanks

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:
pete321:Do you know whether it sends DSD via HDMI?

Don't think so - there's no mention of it or SACD in the manual.

I think that's because the 7004 is just a BD/DVD player whereas the 7005 is a universal spinner.

Pete, I read through the manual for the 5005 that I d/led from the US Marantz site and it does appear that it does support DSD bitstream. It was a bit cryptic to find as there is no specific setting for it, but there was a * note at the bottom of the page somewhere that when audio output is set to bitstream the primary audio track DSD will be sent for SACDs as long as the receiver identifies the capability in the HDMI handshake.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Tom, looks like it's the 5005 for me then.

If anyone's interested I'm getting a great deal on either the 1611 or 5005 from Unilet Sound & Vision, speak to Amit.

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Phoned Denon again today.... Still no date when they will be ready to ship out, they said it might be as late as November/December.

I had to send my Samsung Blu-ray player for repaire, and i am using my PS3 again to watch films, I can rearlly tell the difference now im not bitstreaming HD sound.

Come on Denon get your act together...

Dean

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy:
jase fox:?

Thanks

Jase,

Audio T have told me the DBP-2011UD will not be available until early next year.

Hi Michael, yes ive heard this aswell, but its ok as im not in any rush mate.

TRENDING THREADS