Denon D-M41DAB

G-Rit

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi I'm looking into buy this system after reading your review.
It is worthy to add a subwoofer to the system ? and which one would you guys recommend ?
Thank you !

DrazenBab

Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
So you believe they will not release a new version any time soon.

They usually do every couple of years.
I would also buy, if I were you. I did, to replace my classic D-M35DAB which I owned and may I say loved for close to 18 years. The new M41 adds a whole new sonic presence and dimension, matched with my award-winning Wharfedale 11.2 stand mounts and a 10" Sub, this little giant killer is a must to behold. You know what they say, you never know what the future M42 could bring to the mix or lose in that regard. Sometimes they add few bits but drop few in the process too. If you're after built-in WiFi (which isn't a guarantee they will finally include it in the M42) you could wait, but if you are after sound quality and performance - the M41 is it! Cheers.

DrazenBab

Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
It is worthy to add a subwoofer to the system ? and which one would you guys recommend ?
Thank you !

Absolutely. You will get that extra sound dimension and deeper lows you just couldn't extort from those little speakers that come boxed in with the main unit. I would suggest a middle-of the road range of a good 8" Sub for smaller/tighter spaces and rooms and the 10" ifyou happen to listen to your M41 in a living or family room-sized environments. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
I would also buy, if I were you. I did, to replace my classic D-M35DAB which I owned and may I say loved for close to 18 years. The new M41 adds a whole new sonic presence and dimension, matched with my award-winning Wharfedale 11.2 stand mounts and a 10" Sub, this little giant killer is a must to behold. You know what they say, you never know what the future M42 could bring to the mix or lose in that regard. Sometimes they add few bits but drop few in the process too. If you're after built-in WiFi (which isn't a guarantee they will finally include it in the M42) you could wait, but if you are after sound quality and performance - the M41 is it! Cheers.

I have just returned to the UK and was looking to buy something like this but a lot of my music is on a hard drive, which I needed to reduce space (and price) whilst overseas. If I bought this, without the USB, I would have to find some other way of connecting a lot of my more recent music. I am thinking that I will have to look elsewhere. Pity.

Gray

I have just returned to the UK and was looking to buy something like this but a lot of my music is on a hard drive, which I needed to reduce space (and price) whilst overseas. If I bought this, without the USB, I would have to find some other way of connecting a lot of my more recent music. I am thinking that I will have to look elsewhere. Pity.
Don't be too disappointed.
I had a go with a 32GB USB stick on the previous model.
Its limited display was far from ideal for navigating stored music.
Nice system otherwise, but with a HDD full of music, you'd be better off with something that better allows you to see and scroll through a collection.

Ludovic

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I am considering buying this amplifier to use in a small size room but I am wondering which pair of speakers I should use with it.

I read in your article that you advise to use the Denon SC-M41 with it but for nearly the same price I can have a bundle of the RCD-M41 with a pair of Dali Spektor 1 or Spektor 2.

I already have a Marantz PM6006 + Dali Zensor 3 in my living room and really enjoy it, that's why I am considering new pair of Dali for this new setup in a different room.

Also, Dali recommend to use at least a 40W amplifier to drive the Spektor 1. Do you think the 30W output of the RCD-M41 will be enough?

1614696497856.png

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ludovic

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
As you like your Dali's Ludovic, go with a Denon / Spektor bundle.
I doubt 30W will be too little for either in your small room, but it would seem sensible to get the slighter more sensitive Spektor 2 if you can.

Yes, it makes sense. I was already quite sure to go for the Spektor 2s, but I needed a second opinion before buying them.

Thank you Gray!

Reactions: Gray

justanothergeordie

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Just piggybacking here as I was about to buy a DM41 with Q Acoustics 3020i’s. Does anyone have any experience with this combo and does anyone know if this sounds like a good pairing? Thanks

Gray

Just piggybacking here as I was about to buy a DM41 with Q Acoustics 3020i’s. Does anyone have any experience with this combo and does anyone know if this sounds like a good pairing? Thanks
Imagine that I owned the DM41 and 3020i and told you it was the perfect combination.
Then someone else told you that he'd heard both at a demo and was not at all impressed.
What would that tell you?
Only you can judge whether the pairing is good.
(The bottom line is that it's unlikely to actually be bad and if you've never heard alternatives, then you will be pleased with the sound).
When you hear better (there's always better) that's when your trouble starts......

Neronix

Apr 8, 2021
Visit site
Hello!

Is there any difference between this D-DM41DAB and D-DM41 besides DAB Tuner?

And what would you recommend D-DM41DAB/DM41 or newer (but lite version) D-T1?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022
Visit site
Hello.
I'm not happy with this system, because I hear "crackling" sounds coming from the amplifier while and after playing CDs. They appear seldom, but they're very annoying; I assume they're coming from the case. I sent the amplifier back to the store to have them check if something is wrong with it, but they said everything's OK.
Did any of you have the same problem and manage to eliminate it?
/Greg/

Last edited:

singularity6

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
I just ordered one of these... it'll be here in 2 days. I'm pretty stoked!

Some folks claim the speakers suck. Others claim that they sound great, as they're tuned for the receiver... I suspect I'll be fine with them for some time.

Last edited:

hjoseph77

Mar 12, 2023
Visit site
Thank you !
I don't have the DM41, but the much older DM39. I read many reviews about the DM39 before purchasing it . Since my job required me to travel a lot, this was a great system to stuff into the back trunk of my car due to its size.

To get back to your question, I eventually purchased a sub woofer which improved the sound significantly. Although the system sounded pretty good As-is. At first I was planning to purchase an Equalizer for it, but soon realized that the Equalizer would need to have a built-in preamp since the unit's Analog plugs do not support one. So I settled for a Subwoofer.

Why a Subwoofer is the Bass weak on this system ? No it is not weak by any means, but being a back-end speaker system it depends on how close, or how far the speakers are from the wall. This is where the Subwoofer come in handy because it frees the speakers from placement, also the Bass becomes deeper without sounding Boomy. Some of the lowered frequencies are also transferred to the Subwoofer making the speakers sound clearer and more transparent.

As far as "Bluetooth" for the DM41, common guys this sounds a little gimmicky and probably does not improve the sound at all. I much prefer a better sounding system than Bluetooth but thats just me. Another thing about the DM41 is that I don't see any slot for the iPhone, or iPod which use to be on the front of the unit. This is a HUGE loss ! Maybe BT is suppossed to solve that issue, but maybe not while is raining outside ?

singularity6

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
I picked up a Monoprice SW-10 for $120. For the folume levels I listen at, I can't imagine needing anything more. The stock speakers do sound great, and this sub fills things in nicely.

With the WiiM Mini, I feel my system is complete for years to come!

hjoseph77

Mar 12, 2023
Visit site
I picked up a Monoprice SW-10 for $120. For the folume levels I listen at, I can't imagine needing anything more. The stock speakers do sound great, and this sub fills things in nicely.

With the WiiM Mini, I feel my system is complete for years to come!
I did the same thing, by picking up some Monoprices cables which did open up the sound. It laso made connecting the wires to the speakers a lot more difficult. If the wires touch the frame by mistake, the whole system shorts out and will not turn on for about 15+ minutes. Very scary !

singularity6

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
I did the same thing, by picking up some Monoprices cables which did open up the sound. It laso made connecting the wires to the speakers a lot more difficult. If the wires touch the frame by mistake, the whole system shorts out and will not turn on for about 15+ minutes. Very scary !

I just bought cables with banana plugs. There's no sound difference, but the beefier cables are more likely to survive being chewed by my cats. The plugs are also way more convenient.

Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
Hello.
I'm not happy with this system, because I hear "crackling" sounds coming from the amplifier while and after playing CDs. They appear seldom, but they're very annoying; I assume they're coming from the case. I sent the amplifier back to the store to have them check if something is wrong with it, but they said everything's OK.
Did any of you have the same problem and manage to eliminate it?
/Greg/

I think that your device is defected, I have mine since one year ago, and the only clicks comes from the device when I switched from bluetooth to CD or I connect headphones, while playing CD´s there are no clicks.

Metaspace

Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
Two questions:
1) This being an fairly old system, which version of Bluetooth is supported?
2) How is the frequency response - seeing this kit has a bass sub woofer output jack, how is the bass?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts