• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Denon D-M41DAB

PSully76

Sep 14, 2020
Any ideas when Denon will release a newer version ?

Denon D-M41DAB has been out 2 + years.

Should I buy or wait?

G-Rit

Oct 3, 2020
Hi I'm looking into buy this system after reading your review.
It is worthy to add a subwoofer to the system ? and which one would you guys recommend ?
Thank you !

DrazenBab

Dec 7, 2020
So you believe they will not release a new version any time soon.

They usually do every couple of years.
I would also buy, if I were you. I did, to replace my classic D-M35DAB which I owned and may I say loved for close to 18 years. The new M41 adds a whole new sonic presence and dimension, matched with my award-winning Wharfedale 11.2 stand mounts and a 10" Sub, this little giant killer is a must to behold. You know what they say, you never know what the future M42 could bring to the mix or lose in that regard. Sometimes they add few bits but drop few in the process too. If you're after built-in WiFi (which isn't a guarantee they will finally include it in the M42) you could wait, but if you are after sound quality and performance - the M41 is it! Cheers.

DrazenBab

Dec 7, 2020
Hi I'm looking into buy this system after reading your review.
It is worthy to add a subwoofer to the system ? and which one would you guys recommend ?
Thank you !
Absolutely. You will get that extra sound dimension and deeper lows you just couldn't extort from those little speakers that come boxed in with the main unit. I would suggest a middle-of the road range of a good 8" Sub for smaller/tighter spaces and rooms and the 10" ifyou happen to listen to your M41 in a living or family room-sized environments. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021
I would also buy, if I were you. I did, to replace my classic D-M35DAB which I owned and may I say loved for close to 18 years. The new M41 adds a whole new sonic presence and dimension, matched with my award-winning Wharfedale 11.2 stand mounts and a 10" Sub, this little giant killer is a must to behold. You know what they say, you never know what the future M42 could bring to the mix or lose in that regard. Sometimes they add few bits but drop few in the process too. If you're after built-in WiFi (which isn't a guarantee they will finally include it in the M42) you could wait, but if you are after sound quality and performance - the M41 is it! Cheers.
I have just returned to the UK and was looking to buy something like this but a lot of my music is on a hard drive, which I needed to reduce space (and price) whilst overseas. If I bought this, without the USB, I would have to find some other way of connecting a lot of my more recent music. I am thinking that I will have to look elsewhere. Pity.

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
I have just returned to the UK and was looking to buy something like this but a lot of my music is on a hard drive, which I needed to reduce space (and price) whilst overseas. If I bought this, without the USB, I would have to find some other way of connecting a lot of my more recent music. I am thinking that I will have to look elsewhere. Pity.
Don't be too disappointed.
I had a go with a 32GB USB stick on the previous model.
Its limited display was far from ideal for navigating stored music.
Nice system otherwise, but with a HDD full of music, you'd be better off with something that better allows you to see and scroll through a collection.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts