Denon D-M37DAB with Mordaunt Short Avant 902i Speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've decided to purchase the new Denon DM37DAB (partly based on What Hifi reviews), however, I'm struggling to decide what speakers to match it too.

I like the look of the Mordaunt Short 902's, however, I gather that it's important to match these carefully to your system as they can sound too hard / bright.

Has anyone yet matched up this pair and can offer a verdict?

I should also add that the system is for my kitchen / diner which is quite echoy (spl?) with hard floors / surfaces. I'm worried it may sound a touch harsh and trebly, when I'm really looking for a warm smooth sound.

Any thought / advice would be very much appreciated.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the Forums!

I'd worry you could end up with a slightly strident sound - if it's a smooth, warm sound at that price you're after, consider a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare, I'll check out the Wharfedale's.

I have also found some Q Acoustic 1020's (the older ones, not the newer 1020i's) for £80 a pair. How would these compare? Main reason I'm asking is that they are notably smaller than the Wharfedale's.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Q Acoustics 1020 are decent speakers, but the Wharfedales are better. If it's small all-rounders you're after, also consider the Roth Oli speakers - great add-ons to a micro, especially as they're so flexible about positioning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts