Denon AVR1910 and Jamo?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Starting out in home cinema and I reckon this is as good a place as any for advice and experience.

Thinking of going for the Denon AVR1910 but the budget is not going to allow me to add the quality of speakers to match. I really want discreet speakers, so I'm thinking Jamo A102HCS5 (white), which are well reviewed, but is this a mis-match? Would I be better off going for a cheaper amp (Sony STRDH800?) and better speakers (really like the Monitor Audio RHD45)?

Any views or other suggestions?

A

Anonymous

• Just stay with Denon it's far better than Sony blieve me.Better Amp certainly needs to partner with better speakers especially which are well reviewed.
  • I'd been using Denon for quiet sometimes & match it with a few brands of speakers including Jamo & Jbl.Both actually produced a good sound with open,deep bass iether for movies or stereo.

A

Anonymous

Thats the same system im planning to get in the next few months, as soon as i get some more money in.

I also thought of getting the same sony or a yamaha DSP-AX763 last year what hifi winner ( I actually prefer the button layout and remote of the yahama ) but both of these have more limited connections (2 hdmi) and no video upscaling i believe.

Dont forget to factor in the cost of cables.

Oh by the way where did u think of getting them. Ive seen the denon amp at richersounds for £400.

But the white speakers im not sure about, ive seen them on amazon for just under £250 but it says delivery is like 1-2 months!

best of luck

A

Anonymous

Yeah - noted the Denon currently at 399 with Richer, but not sure where to source the white Jamos yet - don't fancy ordering from amazon and waiting months! Thankfully, all of the speaker cabling (Chord) and HDMI are behind plaster having had the builders in for the last 4 months! Obviously will need to buy other cables too, but it's all a big challenge to keep the budget tight!
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts