Denon AVR-X2200W

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Historically, Denon AV receiver prices drop significantly within a couple of months of release. I would suggest you wait a bit.

Appreciate your comments but i want one NOW, i don't think it will drop that much anyway and their is no way i will be waiting until christmas. *smile*

A

Anderson

Ive got the Denon 2100 and I can't fault it, it's wonderful. When I was researching amp to go for I had looked at the 3100 but it didn't offer any extra features that I would use. It had a few extra watts of power but that was negligible.

Without knowing your needs I would go with your gut, you've picked out the 2200 and you'll most likely be super happy with it.

simonlewis said:
bigboss said:
Historically, Denon AV receiver prices drop significantly within a couple of months of release. I would suggest you wait a bit.

Appreciate your comments but i want one NOW, i don't think it will drop that much anyway and their is no way i will be waiting until christmas. *smile*

Last year, Denon dropped the price by up to 30% within a month of release. I've been keeping a close eye on how the prices of Denon and Marantz fluctuate.

Check this for example.

Your choice. :)

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Okay cheers for that bb that is quite a big reduction, if i am desperate to buy the amp would you say end of august would be a good time to buy ?

A

Anderson

simonlewis said:
I was in my early forties when i joined this forum, oh well at least i'm older than michael jackson. *smile*

Im 31 for reference :)

alitech

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I am also considering this AVR and I am in the same boat, I want it pretty much now. I was considering the Onkyo TX-NR646 however it does not support HDMI 2.0a and also does not have audessey. I was convinced to wait it out for this Denon which supposedly lands in July, but that pretty much my waiting limit.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Nice to know that the Denon AVR-X220W has won an award and i'm also glad i purchased this amp soon after launch, i got a good price on it from richer sounds *good* it hasn't dropped in price since launch as it's still selling for around the £500 mark.

Derbuckle

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Something they don't bother to address in the review is it's only Audyssey bronze. If you were to wait, you'd do better with the Marantz SR6010, which has Audyssey Platinum. If you can't stretch for that, the Marantz SR5010 has Gold. Bother Marantz systems have HDAM preamp stages that greatly enhance musicality.

Personally, at this price point right now, I think the Marantz NR1606 is the smarter option, if you can get past the fear of having only 50W.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts