Denon AVR 1909 of Yamaha DSP-AX763

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for an AMP to pair up with KEF KHT 2005.3 speakers and am considering the Denon AVR 1909 of Yamaha DSP-AX763.

I need to connect Wii, PS2, DVD player/ recorder, SKY (in the future) and Blu Ray player (in the future).

I would also like to upscale my existing DVD's until I get my new Blu Ray player (dont think the Yammy does this)

I have a budget of approx £300, I have found both these amps for below this price.

Any thoughts? or alternatives.

Cheers

Paul C

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Your TV will upscale your DVDs (depending on the model, probably better than a budget receiver, too).

As you've got so many sources, i'd say the Denon's your best bet for HDMI flexibility, and it's a bargain at sub-£300. However, i'd still urge an audition if possible - that Yamaha's a stormer for the money.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare,

My TV is the Panasonic TH-50PZ80 which is full HD which if you say is true should upscale on its own.

My TV will be approx 10 meters from my AV receiver. I think that I need to run one 10m HDMI cable from the AMP to the TV and a OPTICAL back for sound from the TV for freeview sound. Is this how you see it? Any pointers of where to get these long cables from without breaking the bank.

Cheers

Paul C

A

Anonymous

I'm finding the Yamaha to a bit like hens teeth right now...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts