DENON ASD-3W

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I have just bought a new Denon 1910 amp and am looking for a dock for my ipod, Denon do the ASD-3W wireless dock and was considering purchasing, but wondered if it was worth the expense.

My amp is connected to the KEF 3005 surround speakers so wondered what the sound quality would be like.

Thanks in advance

Damian

A

Anonymous

I've got the wired Denon dock connected to my Denon 2808. The sound from my 2nd gen Touch is great. I'm pleased with the sound but the dock is quite temperamental and sometimes needs rebooting to recognise the iPod. It is also slow at scrolling through the lists of albums. It can take an age to get to the correct album. The iPod itself is disabled so it can't be used to select what to listen to. Video quality is not bad but can be a little jerky on camera pans. This is more noticeable on digital copies from the extra disc supplied with Blu-rays rather than iTunes material. Internet radio is good and I quite like searching around the world for stuff to listen to. I have not used or listened to any other docks so can't really compare. I wouldn't really recommend it to someone even though the sound is good (in my opinion). The new 5n model may be worth a look, hopefully they will have sorted some of the niggles out.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've got the ASR-11R (non-wireless) Denon dock. It's painfully slow, so I detached the Denon link and now use it as a normal dock and change track via the iPod itself. Don't think it's worth it. I use a GQ-24 from Russ Andrews upstairs and much prefer it (although I don't have a charging function with that).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts