Denon 2500BT vs Pioneer 51FD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Sliced Bread

jazzead:
John, Clare, Pete, Jase and Del,

Thank you all for your input...didn't expect a fight though!!! This is all so confusing. So, my path to a quality £2500 system gets even more compliacted. I can only afford to do this once and need to get it right. Lets for now say that I ditch the idea of the F51 but consider the LX71 instead? Or does the Denon still cut it. Currently using a PS3 through a Sony Bravia KDL-40X2000 with sound passing through a Rotel RA931-MK2 amp and B&W 601 S2 stereo speakers with QED SA Bi-wire cables and Pure AV HDMI. I am also looking for something with a bit of musical flair too. Taste in music is Jazz, Jazz Funk, Soul ( Will Downing, Luther Vandross etc) . Bassy stuff!

Thanks again

Ooh don't ask me...I havn't got a clue. I'm just here for sarcastic comments ;)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
drummerman:
All of today's players will be to a high standard. >
I do in a way have to agree with what Drummerman said here, that i dont think theres such a thing as a "bad" bluray player, also its not just about bluray performance but upscaling standard DVDs aswell & i think the Denon does this brilliantly if anything its prob the best ive seen so far.

But with my current set up with my Pioneer amp, speakers, cables, powercords etc the Denon seems at home with this & its the first time i can say that im truly satisfied with my set up in all aspects, all i need to do now is continue to build up a huge bluray collection.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
drummerman:
One thing I would say is that if you are looking at spending a decent amount on one also audition NAD's BR player. I was very impressed at the Bristol show and they do some tasty AV Receivers too but you may have trouble finding a matching tv.

We'll feature a review of the NAD Blu-ray player in our April issue, out in@10 days time.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:drummerman:
One thing I would say is that if you are looking at spending a decent amount on one also audition NAD's BR player. I was very impressed at the Bristol show and they do some tasty AV Receivers too but you may have trouble finding a matching tv.

We'll feature a review of the NAD Blu-ray player in our April issue, out in@10 days time.

Did you like the NAD set-up at Bristol?

A

Anonymous

You mentioned you had satelite speakers on the rear. I am often told (but hifi stores) to have matching (manufacturer) speakers all round. I have KEF XQ20's front and rear, but the rear speakers are too compromised - in corner right next to the sofa.

I have a pair of Sony Pascal Satelite speakers I could wall mount - will this sound ok?

Am using A Denon AVR 2909 and have been biding my time on a Denon 2500BT (prices come down every week) with REL T1, XQ50c, with XQ20's on Samsung 46" F86

Sliced Bread

woollyjoe:
You mentioned you had satelite speakers on the rear. I am often told (but hifi stores) to have matching (manufacturer) speakers all round. I have KEF XQ20's front and rear, but the rear speakers are too compromised - in corner right next to the sofa.

I have a pair of Sony Pascal Satelite speakers I could wall mount - will this sound ok?

Am using A Denon AVR 2909 and have been biding my time on a Denon 2500BT (prices come down every week) with REL T1, XQ50c, with XQ20's on Samsung 46" F86

Personally I would see if there is anyway of sticking with the KEFs as the pascals are in no-way in the same league IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts