Denon 2500Bt Playback issues

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Davo2008:and if you're playing a dvd does it default back to audio mix? Or does it take the best audio off the source and use that? And then when you stick a BD in, does it still come out as HD audio by default? I'm even confusing myself now!

Davo, I'm presuming you've got an amp that decodes True HD and Master DTS?! Set it up as Jase says but when you play Blu-ray discs you may have to select the HD audio track by pressing the Audio button on your Denon remote and scrolling through the options. Not sure about DVDs.

Cheers.

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:Dougie G:

Hi guys. Davo, I'm using Nero and got some tips from another site so will see how I get on later. I got through Hellboy II, I've got to say the PQ is superb although the new amp I've got wasn't set-up properly so wasn't getting HD audio. Got that sorted so I'll have to watch it again once the firmware is done
emotion-2.gif

Jase, interested to see how you get on with the disc from Denon. I'll send some contact details so we can keep in touch. Cheers.

When you say Dougie that you got through Hellboy 2 i take it you mean without any freezing issues? And is that without any firmware upgrades?

Hi As some of you know I did cancel my order for the Denon (see thread denon the denon dead) due to the problems highlighted in this thread and lack of customer support . Have the issues been Resolved? And is Denon responding? Shall I renew my order? Thanks Seve.

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi SKR1. We're all in the same boat anxiously waiting on Jase to come back with good news! 100% though, the Denon guy has told me that the problem is definitely fixed. I thought the firmware would be available in a few weeks though, not right now, but you never know! Best stay on this thread!

A

Anonymous

Good news everyone. Having successfully updated my player to 1115, I decided to watch Hellboy II again. Previous attempt resulted in the machine freezing at least twice through playback. Just finished second viewing which went without a hitch - and in glorious DTS Master, wowzer!! Unfortunately it's the only Universal disc I own but I am delighted with the result.

Cheers.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Dougie G:
Good news everyone. Having successfully updated my player to 1115, I decided to watch Hellboy II again. Previous attempt resulted in the machine freezing at least twice through playback. Just finished second viewing which went without a hitch - and in glorious DTS Master, wowzer!! Unfortunately it's the only Universal disc I own but I am delighted with the result.

Cheers.
That sounds good to me Dougie,

I bet you felt very tense watching hellboy 2 again i know i would be lol But its a definate positive result id say espec with it freezing twice before.

I just hope that denon has sent my mate the same 1115 firmware, they should do with it being the latest however, once i get it of him & download it ill be posting my results as ive got "wanted" "the hulk" & "the mummy 1 & 2" to test it with all of which are universal bd live discs.

So watch this thread ha

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
That's brilliant news! Hopefully it's not a fluke! Jase, you HAVE to let us know when your mate gets his firmware! Sounds like firmware 1115 should have been discovered at the top of Mt Sinai!

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
This is from the Denon USA website, dated yesterday. Not sure if they necessarily correspond with UK firmware updates but theirs is 1.118... and also for the 3800....but at least it shows the fixed the problem....

RECENT UPDATES/UPGRADES

dloc_arr_rt.gif

[DVD-3800BDCI] (1/21/2009)

Firmware Update - US Version Only - Region 1

*** NEW ***
This update corrects for player lockup with Blu-ray titles The Incredible Hulk, Wanted, Hell Boy 2, Death Race and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. It also corrects for playback stopping on BD title Kill Bill Vol. 1. Details and instructions are provided with the download and includes previous versions. All S/Ns apply. Updated Version number is 1.118. Download size is 22.4MB.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Afternoon guys,

So the firmware you downloaded Dougie was from the USA?

And yes as soon as my mate gets the firmware Davo ill let you know the outcome.

However, if Denon dont send it out or its the wrong firmware youll have to send me & Davo a copy Dougie ha as im going to send Davo it if it is the right one & does the trick.

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
It's confirmed! Firmware upgrade 1.118 is now available on the Denon UK website (as of today) and is definitely the one that fixes the playback issue.

A

Anonymous

Mmmm...looks like I'll have to go through the update process again!

Davo, fyi I used Nero, selected 'Make Data CD' and then added the BIN file and burned. Worked a treat.

Cheers.

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Perfect, thanks Dougie. I'll do exactly that tonight. Now that you're a man of experience, I'm sure you'll breeze through it in seconds. Lastly, do you have to push any buttons to get it to update? Or are all the instructions supplied with the update? Good luck and thanks again!

A

Anonymous

Davo, all the instructions are available on the download page, dead easy to follow. All the best.

Cheers.

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Apparently, yes! Only problem is for some reason I couldn't download from my PC at home. Just tried the link at work and seems to work so I'm going to look to burn it off today. Hopefully Dougie will come on today saying that everything worked fine! If you look at the changelog of the new firmware, it specifically mentions the playback issues with the universal discs. This would definitely indicate that there's no longer a problem.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
skr1:Come on Guys ???? Are the issues sorted ? Shall I re-order?You shouldnt of cancelled your order in the first place Skri, as you shouldnt really take notice of all bad reviews you hear, anyway that aside all this is a case of is the Denon needing the latest firmware update which is no different to any other players & like Davo has said this latest firmware is the one that solves the freezing issues with the universal BD LIVE titles (supposedly) but it does say it does on the change log on the Denon site.

So get back on that phone or go back to your shop & get the Denon !! As its the business !

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
...and if you've seen the latest Home Cinema Choice mag (should I be mentioning that on this website? Probably not.) they give it reference status as well. Not too many get that....

A

Anonymous

Indeed. As the guys say Skr1, it's a quality piece of kit, it's only a small problem with the software that needs ironed out, I believe it's the same with most Profile 1.1 players at the moment. As for the firmware, I posted that the 1115 update sorted my Universal-disc problem - we're onto 1118 now - so I'm delighted.
emotion-1.gif
Unfortunately it's the only Universal disc I own so can't comment on other problems.

Cheers.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Davo2008:...and if you've seen the latest Home Cinema Choice mag (should I be mentioning that on this website? Probably not.) they give it reference status as well. Not too many get that....You can mention what you like Davo,

Home cinema choice is a great mag ive been reading it for years, mind you ive quickly flicked through this mths issue & i didnt come across the 2500bt, is it defo in this mths dave?

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:skr1:Come on Guys ???? Are the issues sorted ? Shall I re-order?You shouldnt of cancelled your order in the first place Skri, as you shouldnt really take notice of all bad reviews you hear, anyway that aside all this is a case of is the Denon needing the latest firmware update which is no different to any other players & like Davo has said this latest firmware is the one that solves the freezing issues with the universal BD LIVE titles (supposedly) but it does say it does on the change log on the Denon site. So get back on that phone or go back to your shop & get the Denon !! As its the business !

Like I said before more than one or two have expressed concerns about the Blu-ray . Normally I would excuse the odd one or two (Negs) But Denons lack of concern at the time! and failure to respond to the customer Issues forced the Issue. SKR1

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:skr1:Come on Guys ???? Are the issues sorted ? Shall I re-order?You shouldnt of cancelled your order in the first place Skri, as you shouldnt really take notice of all bad reviews you hear, anyway that aside all this is a case of is the Denon needing the latest firmware update which is no different to any other players & like Davo has said this latest firmware is the one that solves the freezing issues with the universal BD LIVE titles (supposedly) but it does say it does on the change log on the Denon site. So get back on that phone or go back to your shop & get the Denon !! As its the business !

Hi again all .. Well what was the outcome?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts