Denon 2311 with Sky hd - dolby digital

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
As you know Sky needs to run an opitcal cable into the reciever to extract dolby digital.

Right now i have the sky hdmi cable running straight into the tv & optical cable into the reciever. This is the only way i can get dolby digital from sky.

I want to put the sky hdmi cable straight into the reciever alongside the optical cable to make things simpler. But when i do this, theres no dolby digital...instead (dts or pro logic or whatever).

Am i missing the trick? Is there a way to run sky hdmi into reciever alongside optical to get dolby digital?

*(I put optical cable into the 'TV input'& Sky into the Sat/TV input, when they both in the reciever).

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks it worked. Can you help me further. The next issue is concerning hdmi control (i think).

I have a ps3(80gb old model), blu ray player & sky hd connected to the reciever. The blu ray player is fine in the sense the amp automatically detects the blu ray player has turned on and switches inputs to 'blu ray' mode.

The ps3/ sky on the other hand i have to manually press 'sat/cbl' or 'game' to get the desired input.

I want to be able to press sky (turning it on) then the amp automatically detect this & switch to it. same for the ps3.

Is any of this possible?

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
That last one didn't work, I don't think the old ps3 has 'hdmi control', maybe skyhd too.

Final question. Can i use the reciever remote to switch the tv on/off? it's a Philips 46PFL8605H

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts