Denon 1910 with Denon SYS-57HT speakers

tigetspill

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I am hoping to upgrade my av receiver and speakers. I have currently got a Yamaha RX-V420RDS with Yamaha NX220P speakers and sub. I got this about five years ago as a HTiB system. I am going to upgrade for two key reasons -

1. I now have a number of HDMI sources (PS3, SkyHD and a WDTV media player) plus a dvd and ipod. My Panny 42" plasma only has 2 HDMI inputs. The Yamaha no longer has enough connections.

2. An upgrade in sound quality

I am being advised on one store to go for the above setup. The Denon 1910 gets fantastic reviews so I am pretty comfortable with this.

My question is about the Denon SYS-57HT speakers. I can find very little about these. What I have found is reasonably positive.

Does anyone have experience of these speakers and can offer an opinion.

I have hraed them briefly in the store (not with the 1910 as these seem to be in short supply currently) and they sound fine. My constraint is that I need the speakers to be pretty small.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi there, althoughi dont know a great deal on speakers myself but have been busy researching into what i should invest my money into, i thought you may want to look at these speakers aswel. The Jamo A102HCS5 style speakers would fit well with the amp you've chosen (Denon 1910 the one im getting
emotion-1.gif
) as the speakers complement themselve well with it. Plus they are small speakers which you are looking at, the same price as the Denon speakers, if not cheaper and they got 5 stars in WHF. Hope this helps

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
While there are usually merits to same make pairings in a system, this seldom stretches to a reciever and speakers. I think that those speakers would be outclassed by the amp - I have the 1910's predecessor amp and have paired it with the Bowers&Wilkins 865 system, which is brilliant, but may be out of your budget. The jamos suggested may be better, but also consider the KEF 2005 range (now with a slightly cheaper sub option).

A

Anonymous

Paired with the Denon 1910, I have A Wahrfedale 9.5, CS(Centre), 9.1(Rear) and Powercube PC10+, and the results where exellent as with small speakers, music lacked a lot of punch and weight.

contoller2

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I have the 1910's predecessor amp and have paired it with the Bowers&Wilkins 865 system, which is brilliant, but may be out of your budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts