Denon 1910 HD Audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray and have been using it with an AVR 1910 and was wondering........

How do I make the blue HD Audio light come on on the 1910 when using the amp?

What are the best settings for my amp?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
How is your BD player connected and have you set it to bitstream? Also make sure that you have selected the HD audio track on the disc's menu. I always leave my amp in auto mode so it decodes whatever is input. TBH, you will need to experiment to see if you prefer any of the processing modes.

Gimp67

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I've just bought the same setup, and I must admit I'm not yet confident enough to play around with the core settings yet. Need a week to read the manual !!

To plat safe, I have connected the 320 to the 1910 with an HDMI and left all connection settings at HDMI or auto. I have played several BD movies now, but only 1 was HD audio (Blade Runner) and lit up the blue HD audio light. I did check the audio settings on the other movies, but none were listing an HD audio track.

SO - just because you are playing a BD, don't assume it is HD audio as well as HD video. It's not just the older movies either, I just watched 'Fool's Gold' on BD - great location shots. It's a newly released movie, but still didn't have an HD audio track.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
The best setting are pretty much what WHF suggested.
http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Denon-AVR-1910/
I ran the auto setup which was pretty much correct, except I lowered the db settings for the rear speakers, i haven't mucked about with the crossover settings, not to confident about that.

I use the Pure Direct mode for films, which sounds pretty awsome, with the Audyssey settings (dynamic volume etc) turned off

Though I do suggest that you play with these settings, as you may prefer them on

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts