Denon 1909 Set Up Problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've just bought a Denon 1909 amp and am having problems setting it up.

I've connected my PS3 to the DVD input and all is fine. I get full surround sound.

My TV - Panasonic 32LMD70 - is connected to the monitor output. When I watch tv I can only get sound from the tv speakers. The output is set to amp but still no sound. Do I need a seperate freeview box attached or should the TV's internal one work?

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Russell

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
just checking - you are using your TV's internal freeview tuner? In that case, your TV will need to use the Optical or RCA phono out from your tv to output sound to your amp. (Optical is better)

A

Anonymous

Big Aura:just checking - you are using your TV's internal freeview tuner? In that case, your TV will need to use the Optical or RCA phono out from your tv to output sound to your amp. (Optical is better)

I don't think the LMD70 has an optical, but as posters above have suggested if you are watching freeview from the TVs internal tuner; use a twin RCA cable to your Denon for the sound to come through your external speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, for all of the advice. I've connected the tv via hdmi. There's no optical output on the tv so I guess its just a case of connecting via the rca outputs.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Point is that the HDMI output on the receiver is just that - an output - and can't accept audio from your TV (or anything else, for that matter).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts